Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

I am new here and I need some input

Go to End

2 Posts   1139 Views

mrpellgard

Community Member, 1 Post

16 August 2009 at 9:34am

Hi everyone,
I was always using wordpress for my blog which is focused on buying wireless headphones. Now I would like some SilverStripe expert tips and ideas. What are the advantages/disadvantages using SilverStripe in comparison with WordPress? Thanks andall comments, ideas and tips are welcome.

Martijn

Community Member, 271 Posts

16 August 2009 at 1:15pm

I think the best way to decide if you want to switch to Silverstripe is to install it somewhere and play with it. Do some tutorials, design some templates etc etc etc.

Use the right system for the right job. If you just want to publish a blog, Wordpress might be the right choice.
Silverstripe/Saphire is very flexible. you can build whatever you want and extend the cms/site with a few lines of code. You get a, in my opinion, superior admin panel and framework to build a cms that suits your special needs.

The choice to use SS or WP depends of what you need.