Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Flash embed not working when in a control

2 Posts   942 Views

b0bro

Community Member, 38 Posts

24 August 2009 at 3:05pm

Edited: 24/08/2009 3:16pm

Hi Im having a weird problem.

I've designed a flash application that displays all my portfolio thumbnails on my homepage.

If i embed that flash using swfobject and the code below

<div>   
<object id="$ID" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="195" height="155">
<param name="movie" value="$project/images/portfolio_thumb.swf?projectName='$Title'&projectInfo='$SubHeading'&isnew='true'&imageURL='$HomeImage.URL'&projectURL='$Link" />
<!--[if !IE]>-->
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="$project/images/portfolio_thumb.swf?projectName='$Title'&projectInfo='$SubHeading'&isnew='true'&imageURL='$HomeImage.URL'&projectURL='$Link'" width="195" height="155">
<!--<![endif]-->
<div>
<h1>Alternative content</h1>
</div>
<!--[if !IE]>-->
</object>
<!--<![endif]-->
</object>
</div>

This works fine! As soon as i add it to my control, all I get is a weird white box and thats it. WTF??

<% control portfolio %>
//PASTING THAT CODE ABOE INTO HERE DOSNT WORK! JUST GET A WHITE SQUARE
<% end_control %>

b0bro

Community Member, 38 Posts

24 August 2009 at 4:52pm

SOLVED::

You cant use $project within the control.

eg "src=$project/images/file.swf" needs to be "src=_sitefiles/images/flile.swf"

God Damnit I hate this simple problems that i always over look. Spend half a bloody day looking for different ways to embed flash in a million different ways. Then looked over millions of line of saphire code to see what it might be doing!!! Ive cracked the sh**ts!