Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstrip CMS on Android Tablet

Go to End

3 Posts   768 Views

surveyor

Community Member, 2 Posts

18 November 2014 at 11:05pm

I use Silverstripe CMS to run a parish website. I have asked a couple of questions via the Conatct Us at Silverstripe but never get a response. I have an Android tablet running Anrdroid Samsung Kitkat. Does anybody else use an Android tablet who may be able to assist? Specific problem - when I go to upload files to the Files & Images folder I very rarely can get the 'Upload Files' button to open the File directory on the tablet and if by some chance it does open then it wont pick up the required file! I have tried most browsers including the usual Chrome in both android and desktop modes. Does this 'Upload Files' button need Flash player to operate properly? If so, I believe this software won't work on any tablet as Adobe no longer supports Flash on tablets! Please can someone help?

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

21 November 2014 at 11:49am

The CMS is not really optimised for tablets (though you may be able to use it on some). You'll likely have better luck using a desktop with a browser such as Chrome. I mobile responsive CMS has been brought up as a possible feature for SilverStripe, you can learn more about this at http://silverstripe.uservoice.com/forums/251266-new-features/suggestions/6196153-responsive-cms.

There was also a suggestion for an android app http://silverstripe.uservoice.com/forums/251266-new-features/suggestions/6599926-ios-android-app

You might want to go vote for those items and perhaps raise some discussion.

surveyor

Community Member, 2 Posts

21 November 2014 at 10:16pm

Camfindlay - Thank you for your response. Your comments accord with what I have had to discover for myself. My Android tablet allows me to use Silverstripe to a large extent when I am away from a desktop PC; however it is annoying that some features do not work on the tablet. Also it's a shame that Silverstripe themselves are extremely reluctant to respond to queries directed to them other than by pointing one to this forum! If they had responded in reasonable time when I first asked the question about tablets, I may well have bought a notebook rather than a tablet. I do hope that the proposals to develop a mobile platform coem to fruition as tablets these days seem ever more popular.