Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Is Silver Stripe the right CMS for me!?

Go to End

2 Posts   1114 Views

pinkp

Community Member, 182 Posts

31 August 2009 at 3:30am

I just discovered SilverStripe and so far I am very impressed! It looks exactly what I am looking for. Smartly designed and at the right level for designer / developers (who sway more towards design). I've been using MODx CMS mostly which has been excellent but challenging and SilverStripe looks better for my needs.

Anyway, I'm looking to create the following and just wondered if anyone had any tips, advice or extension recommendations before I get really stuck in!

Features I need:

User operated gallery / portfolio
Contact forms
User updated FAQ's
User updated Calendars / Events
User updated links page

Many thanks!

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

31 August 2009 at 8:14am

Hi there

I'm also a former MODx user. I switched to SilverStipe mostly because of the same reasons as you did. What you're looking for is easily achievable with SilverStripe.
For most of your use-cases you can use has_many relations. Then use a module like the DataObjectManager to manage the DataObjects in the CMS.
The tutorials should help you getting started with SilverStripe.
Enjoy your stay :)