Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

I Can't Flush

Go to End

9 Posts   4323 Views

seagull

Community Member, 17 Posts

1 September 2009 at 6:17pm

Edited: 02/09/2009 8:33pm

I'm not talking toilet trash.

I'm running SS 2.2.3 and recently installed the forum module (which I downloaded at the same time as SS2.2.3), I made a few updates to the forum CSS in the theme, and that went fine, then I made a few more edits to the CSS, tried a /?flush=1 and now it won't flush.

All the pages still display and I can update content and use the forum with no problem, I just can't flush on any page.
My CSS is now valid, but it never was before this error.

The standard yellow screen with red font error flashes on screen then I get a (firefox) "Content Encoding Error, The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression."

Any help would go down great!

Thanks.

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

2 September 2009 at 4:07am

Hello Seagull,

you have to be logged in to flush. I can not imagine that it´s the CSS changes fault that you can´t flush. Anyways I would disable CSS by renaming the files and try again.

Best regards

Roland

seagull

2 September 2009 at 8:32pm

Hi, I'm not trying to /db/build?flush=1 I'm just trying to /?flush=1

I tried to change the name of the file, this did disable the styling but still no success.

I uninstalled the Forum module and there was no trouble flushing the site. I installed the forum module again and i've got the same error.

baba-papa

2 September 2009 at 8:44pm

What´s the exact name of the forum modules folder?

seagull

2 September 2009 at 8:53pm

forum. I have a forum theme as well (site is based on a template), perhaps i should try to delete this template see if that narrows it down?

baba-papa

2 September 2009 at 9:56pm

I you deinstall the forum module, it´s tables will not be deleted. Before reinstalling the forum module I would delete them by hand. Maybe this will do it.

seagull

2 September 2009 at 10:16pm

so do I delete any tables that begin with forum. That probably sounds like a dumb question but I have to make sure

baba-papa

2 September 2009 at 11:20pm

Yes. If you delete a modules foulder and flush the db by "dev/build" all tables of that module will get an "_obsolete_" appended to the tables name as a prefix. Just delete all tables with that name. Be sure to make backups, in case the contain any valuable data.

Go to Top