Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Setting Image Quality on upload

Go to End

2 Posts   676 Views

Apc204

Community Member, 12 Posts

29 November 2014 at 1:50am

I have a gallery page on my silverstripe site where I am mass uploading lots of pictures using the UploadField in the CMS, but the pictures I have are all very large (2mb+). Is it possible to automatically reduce the image quality when uploading using the UploadField, to 70% for example? I have looked around and only found ways of changing the quality of images that are resized.

Many thanks,

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

22 December 2014 at 11:22am

When you say "quality" are you actually referring to the dimensions of the image in pixels or the compression resolution?

A good option is to actually run a batch resize on your images before uploading them, a quick search would probably turn up a number of tools for this.

As you mention there is a way to set the quality once the image is actually used in the site and not at the point of upload.