Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

permissions:codes missing

Go to End

2 Posts   1334 Views

jhohn

Community Member, 2 Posts

11 September 2009 at 10:01pm

Hi there,

I am pretty new to silverstripe and want to use it for a school site. Therefor I need the possibility to have some "editors" (students) who are able to edit the content of the pages and save, but not publish it. Then a "master editor" (a teacher who is not the administrator) needs to review and publish the page. In the help pages about permission codes (http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=permissions:codes\) I found that with "Can edit any page on the site - Ability to edit (but not approve or publish) any page across all sites to which you have access." for the editor role and "Is a CMS workflow admin - Can do anything within workflow (approve, publish etc.) Basically a global override of all workflow." for the master-editor role but I can not find this permission settings in the demo installation or my newly installed test system. There are also other permission settings missing in my testsys which are mentioned in the doku, I see 10 codes out of 21 on the help page.

How can I add these missing permission settings?

Thanks in advance
Jörg

jhohn

Community Member, 2 Posts

1 October 2009 at 8:47am

No answer to a simple question - no silverstripe on my server.
Bye