Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

checkbox question (probably very easy one!)

3 Posts   1154 Views

Hello_electro

Community Member, 80 Posts

13 September 2009 at 9:35am

I have an image I am using on my home page that is controlled form the Image tab on my CMS for that page. I added treedropdown field and then a checkbox to note if the user wants the selected page to be a link or not.

I cant get the checkbox to control the IF statement. Do i need to do something else in the IF statement, like note a value or something? right now the IF staement makes the DonatePhotoLink div appear all the time no matter the checkbox state. Thanks in advance!

page.ss

<div id="DonateImageHome">
            <div id="DonatePhotoHome">$Photo</div>
            <% if ActivateLink %><div id="DonatePhotoLink">&nbsp;</div><% end_if %>
         </div>

page.php

class Page extends SiteTree {
   static $db = array(
   );
    static $has_one = array(
'Photo' => 'Image',
    'MainImageLink' => 'SiteTree',
    'ActivateLink' => 'Boolean'

);

function getCMSFields() {
$fields = parent::getCMSFields();
$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Images", new ImageField("Photo"));
   $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Images', new TreeDropdownField('MainImageLinkID', 'Link image to', 'SiteTree'));
   $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Images', new CheckboxField ('ActivateLink'));
return $fields;
}

}

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

13 September 2009 at 9:49am

The 'ActivateLink' => 'Boolean' should be in the $db array, not the has_one array. Move that and run dev/build again, select the checkbox again in the cms, save and that should fix it.

Hello_electro

Community Member, 80 Posts

13 September 2009 at 10:08am

That did it! Cheers. and for me...Doh!