Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CMS Page Editor never finishes after 'Save and Publish'

Go to End

2 Posts   519 Views

RHW

Community Member, 1 Post

5 December 2014 at 9:13pm

I'm extremely new to SS, and have installed a default version on a website (document root) at HostGator. After going into the admin area, adding a page and entering the minimal text 'test', just to have something visible to see it appear, I pushed the 'Save and Publish' button for the new page, but found that the 'Saved' button terminated (and acquired a 'tick'), but that the 'Save and Publish' button just kept the 'circle-busy' going - forever as far as I can tell. I've attached a snapshot of those two buttons.

Can anyone give me a hint? I've tried making a 'silverstripe-cache' dir in a number of places, including the Hostgator /tmp, but that didn't make any difference.

Actually, 10min later, it's still going - clearly waiting for something, I'd have thought, but what? I increased PHP timeouts to 60s just in case it was that. I'd have thought even a slow response should complete in 10s or less, anyhow.

I'd really like to use SS, because it's the best, most responsive (in terms of different devices out of the box). Nothing else comes close. This is a killer, though, because I have to close the browser tab and re-open the admin area every time, so that I can edit something else. I've tried other browsers, thinking there's a browser incompatibility. I'm a bit new, though, so debugging to see where it's waiting (or in a long process) has eluded me so far.

Attached Files
camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

22 December 2014 at 11:06am

If you are going to use the "silverstripe-cache" folder you need to put this in the webroot.

Have you checked to make sure the HostGator (sorry I haven't used this service) has all the server requirements to correctly run SilverStripe?

Which browser are you using?