Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

ComplexTableField shows all objects of a class.

2 Posts   1363 Views

micahsheets

15 September 2009 at 10:41am (Last edited: 16 September 2009 6:22am), Community Member, 164 Posts

I have a DataObject that has a $many_many relationship to other DataObjects. I want to just show a list of the objects but if I use a ComplexTableField I get a list of all the Objects of the second class instead of just the ones in that are related to the first object. I would use a ManyManyComplexTableField but I don't want to display any checkboxes as this table is not for editing the relations just displaying a list of the objects that are already related. I know that I can remove the edit permissions from the ManyManyComplexTableField

What kind of TableField should I use to just display a nice list of related objects.

Edit:

I found a solution. I can use setCustomeSourceItems to give the ComplexTableField a DataObjectSet or ComponentSet.

Martin Pales

11 October 2009 at 2:12am Community Member, 19 Posts

Hi Micah,

I am dealing with the same problem here.

Can you please tell me how did you create that dataobjectset for setCustomSourceItems() ?

Thanks.

Harl