Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

ComplexTableField shows all objects of a class.

2 Posts   1374 Views

micahsheets

Community Member, 165 Posts

15 September 2009 at 10:41am

Edited: 16/09/2009 6:22am

I have a DataObject that has a $many_many relationship to other DataObjects. I want to just show a list of the objects but if I use a ComplexTableField I get a list of all the Objects of the second class instead of just the ones in that are related to the first object. I would use a ManyManyComplexTableField but I don't want to display any checkboxes as this table is not for editing the relations just displaying a list of the objects that are already related. I know that I can remove the edit permissions from the ManyManyComplexTableField

What kind of TableField should I use to just display a nice list of related objects.

Edit:

I found a solution. I can use setCustomeSourceItems to give the ComplexTableField a DataObjectSet or ComponentSet.

Martin Pales

Community Member, 19 Posts

11 October 2009 at 2:12am

Hi Micah,

I am dealing with the same problem here.

Can you please tell me how did you create that dataobjectset for setCustomSourceItems() ?

Thanks.

Harl