Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Userforms :: validation bug

Go to End

21 Posts   5636 Views

Junglefish

Community Member, 104 Posts

17 September 2009 at 1:45am

Hi all

Just set up a basic user form, nothing fancy. Set a couple of fields to be mandatory and I'm getting script errors on page load.

Firebug says:

$("#Form_Form").validate is not a function

and points to this line of code in the source:

, EditableDropdown19:{
required:1
}

If I then make that field not mandatory and run the page again, Firebug says the same and points me at the source code for the previous formfield:

, EditableTextField18:{
maxlength:"1000"
}

and so on.

Anyone seen this before or know what's happening?

jf/

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

17 September 2009 at 3:18am

Sounds like a javascript namespace issue. Are you including jQuery or some other framework that would interfere with the default Prototype use of $?

Junglefish

17 September 2009 at 7:45pm

@dalesaurus. No, I'm not specifically including anything special, I'm just using a standard SS installation, nothing fancy.

dalesaurus

18 September 2009 at 4:06am

Hmmmm, can't troubleshoot without some more information. Can you post your form code and/or point to a live site to see the error?

Junglefish

18 September 2009 at 11:22pm

@dalesaurus. Okay, I've saved out the source code of the page in question, and it's attached.

I notice that the $("#Form_Form").validate() function appears to be included on the page twice. Is this normal?
Also, there is a call to a JQuery script just above those functions, but that's SS just doing what it normally does, no?

jf/

Attached Files
dalesaurus

19 September 2009 at 2:42am

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant the PHP source code. Are you writing your own forms or is this from the UserForms module? I see that your date fields are not the standard 2.3.3 validated with Prototype/Behaviour. Are you using a beta version of SS?

SS Forms are pretty bang-bang out of the box, if you are having this much trouble something is wrong.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

19 September 2009 at 10:55am

SS Forms are pretty bang-bang out of the box.. Quote of the day! Nice one dalesaurus :)

Junglefish

21 September 2009 at 8:03pm

@dalesaurus.

I'm using a standard installation of SilverStripe CMS - 2.3.3 and the form is generated by the UserForms module.

Which php files are you interested in looking at?

jf/

Go to Top