Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Only 1 content box in text editor?

Go to End

3 Posts   1350 Views

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

24 September 2009 at 5:30am

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm not sure if I forgot to do something or simply did something wrong, but I am only getting one content box in the text editor. The demo has a separate content box for each div in the ss file, but Silver Stripe is only displaying one box to input page content.

I guess I thought that all I had to do was put $Content between the divs on the ss page and it would automatically produce a new box in the cms for content to be added, but that didn't work. All it did was put the same content in each div. I did go through the tutorials, but I really do not remember anything that specifically addressed how to get different content into each div on a given page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

24 September 2009 at 7:47am

Now that silverstripe.org is working at normal speed I've been able to do a proper search and it looks like this can be fixed by adding an htmleditorfield in the page's php. I knew it was probably something obvious...

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

24 September 2009 at 9:08am

Self serve success!