Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Only 1 content box in text editor?

3 Posts   971 Views

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

24 September 2009 at 5:30am

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm not sure if I forgot to do something or simply did something wrong, but I am only getting one content box in the text editor. The demo has a separate content box for each div in the ss file, but Silver Stripe is only displaying one box to input page content.

I guess I thought that all I had to do was put $Content between the divs on the ss page and it would automatically produce a new box in the cms for content to be added, but that didn't work. All it did was put the same content in each div. I did go through the tutorials, but I really do not remember anything that specifically addressed how to get different content into each div on a given page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

24 September 2009 at 7:47am

Now that silverstripe.org is working at normal speed I've been able to do a proper search and it looks like this can be fixed by adding an htmleditorfield in the page's php. I knew it was probably something obvious...

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

24 September 2009 at 9:08am

Self serve success!