Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstripe on subdomains.

Go to End

3 Posts   512 Views

Nandhi

Community Member, 1 Post

15 December 2014 at 8:22pm

I wanted to have totally 3 subdomains under one domain. I am planning to install silverstripe on the main domain and on all 3 subdomains. Is it possible to have a single signon and single database for all the subdomains as the main domain ? or should i create separate databases for everything ?

THanks,

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

16 December 2014 at 5:22pm

Hey Nandhi,

It depends if you are running three completely separate SilverStripe websites on your subdomains then you will need three separate databases (1 per website).

Another option you could look at is the subsites module http://addons.silverstripe.org/add-ons/silverstripe/subsites

For single sign on you might be able to use the opauth module for social sign ins https://github.com/BetterBrief/silverstripe-opauth

I haven't seen a cross subdomain single sign on implementation personally though you could perhaps try talking to some of the developers in the IRC channel about this.

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

16 December 2014 at 11:03pm

As camfindlay says, if you are happy to run one master install, then subsites is the way to go. That way you run all three sites through one DB and have one set of credentials for all 3.

You can restrict access to each subsite so only certain users can access certain sties (if that makes sense)?

Mo