Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Custom Module - Adding global settings to /module/_config.php

Go to End

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

26 September 2009 at 2:44pm

Hi ya

I'm working on a custom registration module, and I would like to set it up so it's own _config.php is the single point of call for configuring the module for things like form fields etc.

For instance, on the registration form, I have a password and confirm password field. When there is a registration error, I also have the form being re-populated with submitted data.

if(is_array($data)) {
$form->loadDataFrom($data);
}

However i don't want this to happen for the password fields. I want them to always be blank.

So I figured I would just unset these two fields from the $data array - simple.

But I would rather have the name of these fields in a central location like _config.php to make things easier for future projects.

My question is, how do I give any of my custom objects and controllers access to any declared variable in the _config.php file? I have tried "global" as per the main _config.php and lang files, but I get undefined notices, so it's no good.

Any ideas?
Aaron