Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Selecting Image Folder gives "Error getting files"?

19 Posts   5156 Views

patjnr

Community Member, 101 Posts

13 November 2009 at 3:18am

looks like Director::set_environment_type("dev"); cant handle images.
My site was crashing with the Gallery Module until i got out of dev mod.

to those who want to use the latest Gallery module on a live hosted site, remove Director::set_environment_type("dev");

tx

hive.net.au

Community Member, 40 Posts

4 December 2009 at 4:31pm

Damn, I had to remove Director::set_environment_type("dev"); Fixed all image related problems in the backend. Not in a position to downgrade PHP to 5.2.9 although currently we are only on PHP_VERSION 5.2.10. This happened in version 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 but not 2.3.4 rc1 (well not that i noticed)

timcole

Community Member, 32 Posts

8 April 2010 at 2:59am

I am having the same problem in 2.3.7 running on PHP 5.2.11
I have tried removing all the lines related to Director and the problem remains. Any help anyone?

timcole

8 April 2010 at 3:09am

Just checked another site running on the same server - this uses 2.3.4 and has the same problem. Removing the debug and director lines don't seem to make any difference. This is rather vital!!

hive.net.au

8 April 2010 at 3:12am

What error are you getting exactly, it's been a while since i had this problem, cant remember the details

timcole

8 April 2010 at 3:22am

Hi - I've not used firebug before and I can't seem to find the panel that is referenced in earlier posts...

In Safari I have this in the error console:

XHR finished loading: "http://beta2.missionworship.com/admin/EditorToolbar/ImageForm?action_callfieldmethod=1&fieldName=Image&ajax=1&methodName=getimages&folderID=1&searchText=undefined&cacheKillerDate=1270653651201&cacheKillerRand=6015".

But I am not sure that's what we are looking for is it?

timcole

8 April 2010 at 3:26am

Edited: 08/04/2010 3:35am

OK - I found the XHR panel - it just seems to say : 500 Internal Server Error under the status. I can't find any more specific error message than that it the XHR panel. The javascript error panel highlights the following:

var Ajax={getTransport:function(){return Try.these(function(){return new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP')},function(){return new ActiveXObject('Microsoft.XMLHTTP')},function(){return new XMLHttpRequest()})||false;},activeRequestCount:0}

hive.net.au

8 April 2010 at 8:57am

Do you have any errors in your sever log file?