Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Draft mode for DataObject?

Go to End

12 Posts   5188 Views

Community Member, 534 Posts

5 August 2010 at 1:00am

Also, I have posted all classes involved here:

Community Member, 31 Posts

5 August 2010 at 1:18am

I solved my problem by simply adding a checkbox so the user can decide if the object will be published or not. Perhaps not a perfect solution, but it did the job for me.

Community Member, 534 Posts

5 August 2010 at 3:14am

Hmm, thats an idea.

Its a bit more work, but you could create an extension to HiddenFormField that is responsible for publishing these DataObjects on publish?

Community Member, 21 Posts

30 April 2012 at 6:45pm

I've been able to get the versioned extension working on my DataObject! (sort of...)
$this->Fields() didn't work for me either, I was getting the same method error that someone else was getting, so I specified the DataObject I was trying to version - instead of $this->Fields, I used $this->HomepageResources() (substitute for your DataObject Class name)

So, the versioned table works if you add new entries, or if you change existing ones, HOWEVER, it does not update if I delete a entry.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or how to fix it?

Go to Top