Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Editor? What'z that?

Go to End

7 Posts   2706 Views

Samba Sam

Community Member, 85 Posts

4 October 2009 at 8:38am

Hi,
How do I install/use the "Image Editor" features in SilverStripe 2.3.3?

I didn't even know that such a editor existed for SS until I came across this, posted 2007: http://www.silverstripe.com/google-summer-of-code-update-image-editing-glory/

There appears to be no documentation besides the the bare bones list of ImageEditor class variables in http://api.silverstripe.com/sapphire/core/ImageEditor.html, which I have no idea how to implement.

Thanks,
Sam

MikeOne

Community Member, 40 Posts

7 October 2009 at 2:25am

Yezzz. I have exactly the same question - what happened to this beautifull piece of work? Did it make it to the 2.2 release and if yes - what happened to it in the latest (2.3.3) release?

I'd love to have this but can't find it anywhere?

Can maybe Will Rossiter comment on this as he was one of the creators of this sweet looking thing?

Thanks,
Mike.

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

7 October 2009 at 7:47am

Yes, I'm curious about several of the items listed in the GSOC area. Looks like there was a ton of cool work done...what happened to it?

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

7 October 2009 at 10:44am

The image editor was quite buggy/broken and was removed in 2.3. In the future there are plans to integrate a third party image editor.

MikeOne

Community Member, 40 Posts

7 October 2009 at 11:00am

Tooooo bad.. but hey - i'll wait..

A plugin like that image editor would really make the product stand out.. I hope it will be considered for the 2.4 release.

neilcreagh

Community Member, 136 Posts

29 October 2009 at 12:02am

I agree, a built-in image editor (third party or not) would be a fantastic feature for SS.

simonwade

Community Member, 4 Posts

13 January 2011 at 4:42pm

I would also very much like to use this, are there any plans here? Or are there any other modules that might be useful? I've looked at the Pixlr Image Editor module, but it's much too complicated to provide to clients.