Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Issues with Mac

Go to End

7 Posts   1275 Views

mschiefmaker

Community Member, 187 Posts

8 October 2009 at 7:51pm

Hi

Has anyone experienced using issues when running the CMS on a mac. I have a client trying to insert tables using a mac and not able to:

Firefox - when I insert a table it does not allow me to change any of the values so I can only end up with a table that is 1 cell, 1 row.
Safari - cannot insert the table at all

this is not a problem for me on a PC. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

MM

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

8 October 2009 at 9:15pm

AFAIK TinyMCE doesn't play well in Safari in some cases. The table thing doesn't work for me either (Safari). It works fine in Firefox though. What version of Firefox / SilverStripe are you running?

mschiefmaker

8 October 2009 at 9:23pm

Hi Banal.

Just waiting on the Firefox version but it is SS 2.3.2. We are experiencing another issue where Save and Publish is hanging. I think these 2 things are connected and am beginning to wonder if the server setup is at issue.

Cheers

MM

mschiefmaker

12 October 2009 at 7:19pm

Hi Banal

The hosting provider says the server is setup as required so I am back looking at this issue - it is occurring on mac Firefox 3.5.3 with Silverstripe 2.3.2. No issues are seen on PC

Thanks

Catherine

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

12 October 2009 at 8:03pm

I attached a screenshot how it looks on my computer. If I create a new Table, it appears as depicted beneath "Empty table:"... doesn't it look like this on your mac? Maybe flushing the cache will help?

Attached Files
Bruce B

Community Member, 164 Posts

14 October 2009 at 3:10pm

I'm using Safari 4 under Snow Leopard. I have previously noticed odd issues with inserting links and can confirm that inserting a table doesn't work - Clicking on the Insert' button in the pop-up does nothing.

Firefox 3.5.3 seems to work fine.

cheers
bruce

socks

Community Member, 191 Posts

14 October 2009 at 9:03pm

Yeah, it seems FF is the only browser that works anymore. I understand when things don't work properly in IE, but don't understand why all the trouble using Safari. I hope they fix this soon.

http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/4471