Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Issues with Mac

7 Posts   980 Views

mschiefmaker

Community Member, 187 Posts

8 October 2009 at 7:51pm

Hi

Has anyone experienced using issues when running the CMS on a mac. I have a client trying to insert tables using a mac and not able to:

Firefox - when I insert a table it does not allow me to change any of the values so I can only end up with a table that is 1 cell, 1 row.
Safari - cannot insert the table at all

this is not a problem for me on a PC. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

MM

banal

Community Member, 901 Posts

8 October 2009 at 9:15pm

AFAIK TinyMCE doesn't play well in Safari in some cases. The table thing doesn't work for me either (Safari). It works fine in Firefox though. What version of Firefox / SilverStripe are you running?

mschiefmaker

8 October 2009 at 9:23pm

Hi Banal.

Just waiting on the Firefox version but it is SS 2.3.2. We are experiencing another issue where Save and Publish is hanging. I think these 2 things are connected and am beginning to wonder if the server setup is at issue.

Cheers

MM

mschiefmaker

12 October 2009 at 7:19pm

Hi Banal

The hosting provider says the server is setup as required so I am back looking at this issue - it is occurring on mac Firefox 3.5.3 with Silverstripe 2.3.2. No issues are seen on PC

Thanks

Catherine

banal

Community Member, 901 Posts

12 October 2009 at 8:03pm

I attached a screenshot how it looks on my computer. If I create a new Table, it appears as depicted beneath "Empty table:"... doesn't it look like this on your mac? Maybe flushing the cache will help?

Attached Files
Bruce B

Community Member, 147 Posts

14 October 2009 at 3:10pm

I'm using Safari 4 under Snow Leopard. I have previously noticed odd issues with inserting links and can confirm that inserting a table doesn't work - Clicking on the Insert' button in the pop-up does nothing.

Firefox 3.5.3 seems to work fine.

cheers
bruce

socks

Community Member, 190 Posts

14 October 2009 at 9:03pm

Yeah, it seems FF is the only browser that works anymore. I understand when things don't work properly in IE, but don't understand why all the trouble using Safari. I hope they fix this soon.

http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/4471