Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

ModelAdmin search results limit

6 Posts   1984 Views

micahsheets

Community Member, 165 Posts

13 October 2009 at 10:42am

When I do a search in ModelAdmin, the results are limited to 30 by default which is ok. The problem is that I cannot see all of the results because of a bug in the CSS. The outer div does not surround all of the results but seems to cover up the lower ones. I am using SS 2.3.3.

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

13 October 2009 at 1:10pm

Have you tried different browsers? How about tweaking it with Firebug and/or greasemonkey until the fix is applied? You did log/search the open tickets on this, correct?

http://open.silverstripe.org

BLU42 Media

Community Member, 71 Posts

3 November 2009 at 9:35am

I ran into the same issue. Apparently this is being changed in 2.4, so you can regard this as a temp patch.

There is a fitToParent javascript call that helps keep everything looking nice but applying overflow:hidden to holder objects. It doesn't apply this if overflow:auto is specifically set, though.... In the case of ModelAdminPanel, this is not set which is keeping the scrollbar from appearing. This fix worked for me and my clients:

First, apply the following code to your init() function in your ModelAdmin class:

function init() {
   parent::init();
   Requirements::customCSS("
      #right #ModelAdminPanel{overflow:auto !important;}
      body.ModelAdmin #right{overflow: auto !important;}
   ");

Next, you'll need to mod the LeftAndMain.js file. At line 160, comment out the fitToParent function:

//   fitToParent('ModelAdminPanel',-60);

Let us know how it works out for you!

-John

potion_maker

Community Member, 36 Posts

5 December 2009 at 5:13pm

Thanks SmartPlugs. Good fix.

CodeGuerrilla

Community Member, 105 Posts

2 February 2010 at 5:29pm

Edited: 02/02/2010 7:23pm

An easier fix is to just add the following to one of your custom css files or as above:

ProductAdmin.js

$('#ModelAdminPanel').css('overflow', 'auto');

Personally if I am hacking I like to still leave the core files alone.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1799 Posts

10 March 2010 at 7:05am

Hi guys,

Place this in your extended ModelAdmin class...

static $page_length = 10;

...it will limit the results :)