Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Remove homepage (template)

3 Posts   877 Views

arnott

Community Member, 16 Posts

14 October 2009 at 9:41am

hi all,

The CMS website setup has a homepage. I was playing with [url=http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=tutorial:1-building-a-basic-site] tutorial 1 [/url] and now everytime I do dev/build it creates a new homepage. I have deleted Homepage.php and HomePage.ss. Is there a entry in the mysql database I need to delete ?

Also how to set my old homepage as the homepage ?

Thanks
arnott

P.S: I posted this in the blog module forum, I am resposting it here.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

14 October 2009 at 1:18pm

Change the page type in the CMS to the standard 'Page' page type. Save and publish then revisit the page with a ?flush=1 and you should be back on the normal template.

SS will create a page with the url 'home' if you haven't got one as it requires a page with the url 'home'.

arnott

Community Member, 16 Posts

15 October 2009 at 1:55am

Thanks willr. The home page's page type is already "Page". I referred it as a template as a new homepage was getting created everytime I did ' (mysite)/dev/build?flush=1' and I had renamed the homepage url. Was my mistake doing that instead of '(mysite)?flush=1' ?