Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

v2.3.3 blank page suddenly after ?flush=1 HELP!

Go to End

21 Posts   3827 Views

kudesign

Community Member, 64 Posts

31 October 2009 at 1:28pm

Hi Brad, after many days of headache and losing the contents of my site, I got so frustrated and decided to rebuild 2 sites with WP. Yes, I used openhost, and yes I also believe they have changed something for v2.3.3 to stop working. I think there is nothing wrong with my code, as I have been quite careful. When I tried to do a clean install of v2.3.3 it just wouldn't even let me, are you experiencing the same prob?

I think it will be best if you contact openhost, and ask to see if they have changed anything, if you still want to stick with SS for your site.

I have a SS site that is using v2.3.2, and still running under the openhost server. All the best of luck, and I hope openhost will help you resolve your install! Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers!

Brad

Community Member, 8 Posts

2 November 2009 at 12:41pm

Just updating this thread as I had the same problem. Blank pages.

My host provider had changed my mbstring.func_overload setting to 4, it needed to be:

mbstring.func_overload = 0

hope this helps someone.

By the way, if any Silverstripe developers are watching this, "ereg_replace" is depreciated from PHP V5.2 and discontinued after PHP V6.

Hope there are plans to re-code this core regex code?????????

Brad

Community Member, 8 Posts

2 November 2009 at 12:45pm

Hi KUDesign,

yes, its a openhost problem, once I diagnosed it, they quickly updating my PHP config, but this is done on a site by site basis as I understand. They made the changes mid October, but I only noticed when I did a flush rebuild at the end of Oct.

You might want to get them to update the setting for you if you evver upgrade your SS site past V2.3.2.

Good luck.

B

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

2 November 2009 at 1:07pm

By the way, if any Silverstripe developers are watching this, "ereg_replace" is depreciated from PHP V5.2 and discontinued after PHP V6. Hope there are plans to re-code this core regex code?????????

Yes there is plans to recode it, in 2.3.3 and currently trunk it just hides the 5.3 notices but there is a ticket http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/3799 to rewrite this functionality.

kudesign

Community Member, 64 Posts

2 November 2009 at 2:55pm

Thanks Brad! I have contacted Openhost regarding this issue. When I could not install v2.3.3, I suspected it was the server issue, but wasn't sure and have since tried to re-code my template files. The recoding has got the better of me, as the "blank page" really got me big time!!!!!

I should have contacted the server provider at the first instance.

Thanks for your support! All the best!!

Go to Top