Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

v2.3.3 blank page suddenly after ?flush=1 HELP!

Go to End

21 Posts   7440 Views

kudesign

Community Member, 64 Posts

31 October 2009 at 1:28pm

Hi Brad, after many days of headache and losing the contents of my site, I got so frustrated and decided to rebuild 2 sites with WP. Yes, I used openhost, and yes I also believe they have changed something for v2.3.3 to stop working. I think there is nothing wrong with my code, as I have been quite careful. When I tried to do a clean install of v2.3.3 it just wouldn't even let me, are you experiencing the same prob?

I think it will be best if you contact openhost, and ask to see if they have changed anything, if you still want to stick with SS for your site.

I have a SS site that is using v2.3.2, and still running under the openhost server. All the best of luck, and I hope openhost will help you resolve your install! Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers!

Brad

Community Member, 8 Posts

2 November 2009 at 12:41pm

Just updating this thread as I had the same problem. Blank pages.

My host provider had changed my mbstring.func_overload setting to 4, it needed to be:

mbstring.func_overload = 0

hope this helps someone.

By the way, if any Silverstripe developers are watching this, "ereg_replace" is depreciated from PHP V5.2 and discontinued after PHP V6.

Hope there are plans to re-code this core regex code?????????

Brad

Community Member, 8 Posts

2 November 2009 at 12:45pm

Hi KUDesign,

yes, its a openhost problem, once I diagnosed it, they quickly updating my PHP config, but this is done on a site by site basis as I understand. They made the changes mid October, but I only noticed when I did a flush rebuild at the end of Oct.

You might want to get them to update the setting for you if you evver upgrade your SS site past V2.3.2.

Good luck.

B

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 November 2009 at 1:07pm

By the way, if any Silverstripe developers are watching this, "ereg_replace" is depreciated from PHP V5.2 and discontinued after PHP V6. Hope there are plans to re-code this core regex code?????????

Yes there is plans to recode it, in 2.3.3 and currently trunk it just hides the 5.3 notices but there is a ticket http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/3799 to rewrite this functionality.

kudesign

Community Member, 64 Posts

2 November 2009 at 2:55pm

Thanks Brad! I have contacted Openhost regarding this issue. When I could not install v2.3.3, I suspected it was the server issue, but wasn't sure and have since tried to re-code my template files. The recoding has got the better of me, as the "blank page" really got me big time!!!!!

I should have contacted the server provider at the first instance.

Thanks for your support! All the best!!

Go to Top