Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

New install no buttons showing CMS

3 Posts   767 Views

mschiefmaker

Community Member, 187 Posts

17 October 2009 at 6:58pm

Hi

I have just completed a new install of 2.3.3 which appeared to complete but I am not seeing any buttons in the CMS and getting some strange behaviour. In Firebug I get the error.

tinyMCE is not defined
anonymous()leftandm...255758522 (line 402)
anonymous(Object textarea.htmleditor=Object, Object name=parentNode, Object name=applyToParent)base.js?...255758460 (line 190)
anonymous(Object name=parentNode, Object name=applyToParent)base.js?...255758460 (line 188)
anonymous()base.js?...255758460 (line 188)
[Break on this error] Behaviour.register({'textarea.htmleditor...CE.getInstanceById(this.id).isDirty();}\n

I assume I am missing some files but I am not sure from where, I have pushed all the CMs files back up and the jsparty ones but it its is still a problem

Any ideas where the issue might be?

Thanks

MM

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

17 October 2009 at 7:25pm

It sounds like the JS cache files cant be regenerated. All the JS needed for the CMS to function is dynamically combined and stored in the /assets/ directory - if the webserver does not have permission to write the files to the location then you'll get a 404 response trying to include them. I would recommend changing the assets directory to 777 permissions to see if this fixes it.

mschiefmaker

Community Member, 187 Posts

17 October 2009 at 7:44pm

Thanks ajshort

Looks like it actually was a missing file as from the sapphire directory as uploading this again has fixed the problem.

Cheers

MM