Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Redirect page to open in a new window

4 Posts   3718 Views

africansafari

Community Member, 30 Posts

29 October 2009 at 2:49pm

Edited: 29/10/2009 2:50pm

Hi folks,

Is there a way with SilverStripe to add a redirect page that will open in a new window? I know there is a redirect page, but that will redirect the current window.

I know this was covered in an archived message .... http://www.silverstripe.org/archive/show/156170#post156170 .... and have found the navigation template and insert <% if is_a(RedirectorPage) %> target="_blank" <% end_if %> however unsure about how to put this in an <a> tag correctly ???

Any help much appreciated :-)

Cheers

Claire

Mo

Community Member, 510 Posts

30 October 2009 at 4:48am

I havent used this, but I imagine it would be something like:

<a href="$Link" <% if is_a(RedirectorPage) %>target="_blank"<% end_if %>>$MenuTitle</a>

Mo

dizzystuff

Community Member, 93 Posts

10 October 2011 at 2:13am

Just came across this thread, looking to open redirect page links in a new window - but only external redirections. Code I used successfully is

<% if is_a(RedirectorPage) %><% if RedirectionType = External %>target="_blank"<% end_if %><% end_if %>

cheers

neilcreagh

Community Member, 95 Posts

14 August 2013 at 3:06am

Or that can be simplified to just

<% if RedirectionType = External %>target="_blank"<% end_if %>

since only redirector pages have a RedirectionType