Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

How to correct showcase listing

7 Posts   869 Views

Toni

Community Member, 7 Posts

29 October 2009 at 8:04pm

How do I edit my showcase listing. Was unable to keep the text split text into paragraphs and show the developers site details as a hyperlink.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

29 October 2009 at 8:26pm

If you are logged in then you should see a edit and delete link under your showcase entry on the main page (eg http://skitch.com/willrossi/nffpq/community-showcase-silverstripe.org-open-source-cms-framework)

Toni

29 October 2009 at 8:43pm

Thanks. I have retyped the text into 3 paragraphs but it still merges all together into one paragraph and I still cant get www.fueldesign,co,nz to show as a hyperlink.

Willr

29 October 2009 at 8:47pm

Ok well I just tested it and adding a link works fine. I think the site might strip out paragraph tags. Maybe try <br /> tags.

Adding this to my profile worked fine.

<a href="test">Test</a>

Toni

29 October 2009 at 9:05pm

Sorry but I still cant do either. I have tried copying and pasting the hyperlink from Word where it works well but it loses the link every time. Perhaps I should explain that I am not a web developer just a CMS user and 68!!

Willr

29 October 2009 at 9:13pm

Never copy anything from word into a text area. Word does crazy things. Just write out the link like I have in the previous post - with the destination of the link inside the href="" and the label (the visible text) in between

Try writing this out inside the text box on the site

<a href="http:// www.fueldesign.co.nz">Fuel Design</a>

Toni

29 October 2009 at 9:37pm

Many thanks! Have achieved what I wanted. Yes I did know not to paste from Word but was trying that as a last resort.