Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Ode To SilverStripe

Go to End

2 Posts   1078 Views

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

30 October 2009 at 3:34am

Edited: 30/10/2009 3:37am

I am one of those people who get moments of inspiration. Sometimes it's a picture that I feel compelled to draw, other times it's a poem that needs to be written. I just had one of those moments. I didn't see a more logical place to put this, so it is going here in General Questions.

Ode To SilverStripe

Though many cms I've tried before,
SilverStripe is one I can't ignore

It's structure is simple and interface easy,
Even the clients will find using it pleasing

No hacks or workarounds to get in the way,
Just insert css for a custom display

Tag clouds, blogs and daily polls too,
With SilverStripe these are all easy to do

While I really couldn't ask for more,
I anxiously await version 2.4
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't say it was a good poem, just sincere. I'm just so happy to have found SilverStripe after my last cms disaster that I had to share. (The last cms took almost three weeks to get loaded and functional to the point that I could actually log in, and that was with tech support! SilverStripe took about ten minutes...)

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

30 October 2009 at 6:57am

Solid, bun!

With pretty much every piece of software I've ever used, its always about lusting over the next version. But 2.4 is so full of sex and rock and roll I can't help myself, either.

I don't write poetry, but I can do CLI. SS Core team, copy and paste this into a terminal please!

cd svn.silverstripe.com/release/2.4/; svn merge svn.silverstripe.com/release/trunk; svn commit -m 'Its 2.4 time'

ps. Yes I know the repo urls are wrong...just go with it