Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Cannot access admin area - "Page not found" [RESOLVED]

Go to End

16 Posts   12522 Views

katja

Community Member, 46 Posts

19 November 2009 at 5:23am

Edited: 22/11/2009 12:11pm

Hi,

on a site that has been live for a while I now keep getting a 404 page whenever I try to access /admin. All cache clearing doesn't help.
Curiously, I can still log in and out by going to /Security/login and Security/logout

Also checked the .htaccess file, it's the same as it always was and as is recommended here in a previous post.

I have no clue why this happened all of a sudden. Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,
K

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

19 November 2009 at 3:15pm

Is an apache (or other web server) 404 or a SilverStripe 404? There might be other .htaccess files running amok.

katja

19 November 2009 at 4:15pm

Thanks for your comment, Dale. It is a Silverstripe 404 and I just don't know what went wrong..

Kat

dalesaurus

19 November 2009 at 4:42pm

Ahh, that is a good thing I suppose. Have you confirmed that the _config.php file is still in the /cms/ director, and intact? The director rules in there would reserve /admin for the CMS. Also have you tried doing a dev/build/flush=all too?

katja

19 November 2009 at 10:44pm

Thanks! The config seems okay, but when I do flush=all, I get an error message:
[Warning] fopen(/tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-henning-public_html/manifestClassParse-_home_henning_public_html_mysite_code_BookHolder.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied ..

dalesaurus

20 November 2009 at 4:29pm

Well that is the error then! Jump into your tmp director and chmod 777 those badboys.

katja

20 November 2009 at 11:57pm

Thanks again for helping me, Dale. This file does not exist at all, not even the directory silverstripe-cache-home-henning-public_html..

Why does it need to open a cached file in order to work? Do you have any other idea what I could do?

Kat

dalesaurus

21 November 2009 at 10:56am

SilverStripe generates templates on access of pages to speed up load times. It is a core part of how it operates and it is in your best interest to get it functioning correctly.

The file will not be there in the first place because the error is stating that it can't created it (Permission Denied). The bigger issue here is why the user your webserver runs as doesn't have write access to the /tmp directory. That is not typical.

This is an issue at your web host. Do you have support with them or is it a server you manage?

Go to Top