Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Routing to an action

2 Posts   1883 Views

Nathan Cox

Community Member, 99 Posts

19 November 2009 at 10:37am

Is there are way to use Director::addRules() to route to a particular action on a controller? For example, I want to do something like

Director::addRules(10, array(
   'confirm//$ID' => array('Controller'=>'AccountPage_Controller', 'Action' => 'confirm')
));

So if someone visits /confirm/23 it'll go to AccountPage_Controller::confirm() (and pass ID = 23 in $request).

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

19 November 2009 at 3:26pm

You don't need to specify an action as anything coming in to the rule will go to the controller::index function.

Director::addRules(10, array(
'confirm//$ID' => 'AccountPage_Controller'
));

This will route anything from /confirm* to the AccountPage_Controller. From there you can process either by action (/confirm/me to AccountPage_Controller function me()) or by handling it in the index() function.

All values passed on the URL will be available in the array $this->urlParams. So with the above rule in place in your AccountPage_Controller:

public function index() {
if( isset($this->urlParams['ID']) and is_numeric($this->urlParams['ID'])) ) {
// call some confirmation code with $this->urlParams['ID'])
}