Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Additional params for uploaded flash

23 Posts   4421 Views

Piet Golf

Community Member, 6 Posts

28 September 2010 at 7:35pm

Banal: i used your solution having a flash page inside my webssite. Running the site gives "swfobject is not defined"; i can't figure out why this is happening. Any idea how to solve this? btw i installed silverstripe 2.4 and just started a couple of days ago to het used to it

Thanks,
Piet Golf

banal

Community Member, 901 Posts

28 September 2010 at 9:11pm

Edited: 28/09/2010 9:11pm

Hi Piet

Are you sure the swfobject.js file is being loaded? How did you include it? Using Requirements::javascript()?
I suggest you use [url=http://getfirebug.com/]FireBug[/url] to see if the file loads or not.

Piet Golf

28 September 2010 at 10:04pm

Hi Banal,

I was using Firebug and i got the message "swfobject is not defined".

I followed the instructions as published at ssbits.org (Embed flash content using SWFObject) but maybe i have to add an include somewhere. Keep in mind that i just started using silverstripe so it can be that i missing something that's obvious for an experienced user.

Thanks,

Piet

banal

Community Member, 901 Posts

29 September 2010 at 12:27am

Does swfobject.js show up in the Net Tab of Firebug? I.e. is it being loaded?

Piet Golf

29 September 2010 at 3:55am

swfobject.js does not show in Net tab of Firebug. I added also a flash in one of my photo albums and that flash is showing without any problem.

Piet Golf

29 September 2010 at 4:12am

Edited: 29/09/2010 7:45pm

When i checked the html code there is no doctype etc for the page where swobject.js is not loaded. Maybe this will help?

I was using theme BlackCandy but switching to theme Tutorial (putting FlashPage.ss in themes/tutorial/templates) i didn't got the problem with swobject.js. So it must have something to do with the theme and i will investigate further. Your help is still very welcome.

sergieboy

Community Member, 33 Posts

3 March 2012 at 11:23pm

Edited: 11/04/2012 6:21pm

Works fine. But still one question ; where do I have to place the skin file ?
In the proposed solution, the flash file plays without a skin. I tried every possible location.
Normally you have to place the skin file at the same location as the swf file to play.
Doesn't work.

Any ideas ?