Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Hosting Requirements /

What you need to consider when choosing a hosting provider and plan.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Mysql Service shuts down

4 Posts   1427 Views

kindlemanwill

Community Member, 68 Posts

20 October 2011 at 4:44pm

Hello.

We have just deployed a site to our stage environment. Its a 500m Ram, "Cloud" VPS with Crucial Paradigm.

If we both test it together, the cms ends up hanging, and then if i refresh the page i get:

PHP Fatal error: DataObjects have been requested before the database is ready.

Looking in cpanel, the mysql service is off. Rebooting it gets us going again until the next topple.

Whats to be done? could there be a configuration i have missed in the Silverstripe? Or does it need something special turned on at the server?

Thanks, will

kindlemanwill

Community Member, 68 Posts

20 October 2011 at 6:53pm

Just to confirm this,

We have to edit the site one at a time. If i click on a item in the tree 5 times rapid fire, the mysql proccess falls down. every time.

At this stage we can live with the slowness but it needs to be reliable.

Is there anything we can do to fix this?

w

kominiarz

Community Member, 1 Post

24 March 2012 at 12:21am

Well, are you sure that it's CMS fault?
maybe it's VPS internal problem?

jasonsypolt

Community Member, 5 Posts

6 August 2012 at 2:59am

I have several sites running on a micro instance on AWS (613mb) and had this problem. The server was getting low on memory and was shutting down mysql. Changing the php memory_limit and adjusting some my the mysql memory parameters helped. So I reduced the memory that php and mysql used and installed varnish to compensate, and the sites are actually pretty fast.