Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Hosting Requirements /

What you need to consider when choosing a hosting provider and plan.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

MySQL Port BUG?

Go to End

7 Posts   4219 Views

n0ne

Community Member, 18 Posts

3 August 2012 at 11:55pm

Hi. I had a weird situation, i tried to run silverstripe using non-default port, and i couldn't connect, only default 3306 worked. I'm wondering is it a some kind of bug? Is there a way to run ss with mysql on different port than the default one?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

4 August 2012 at 6:33pm

In 2.* or 3.0? It looks like the 3.0 code doesn't allow you to pass a port number as a configuration option - which seems a bug. Though you should be able to use this in your _ss_environment file (or site custom php.ini) to change the default port

ini_set("mysqli.default_port", 42)

n0ne

5 August 2012 at 3:51am

I'm using 3.0.1.
Neither of your suggested solutions of your solutions works. The mysql is on a different server and I don't have access to change the php.ini stuff, and for the _ss_enviroment file it seems that it behaves exactly the same as before (putting the data into the form).

"I couldn't find a database server on 'XXXXXXX:3307': Unknown MySQL server host 'XXXXXXX:3307' (2)"

I also chekd that db is fine using mysql_connect('XXXXX:3307',.....); in external file.
Any other ideas?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

5 August 2012 at 9:22am

the _ss_enviroment file it seems that it behaves exactly the same as before (putting the data into the form).

Make sure then that it is using / reading that code (using a die() or similar) to ensure that your changes are being read.

The only other solution I would suggest is to work on adding port support for the mysqli constructor. (https://github.com/silverstripe/sapphire/blob/3.0/model/MySQLDatabase.php#L56). It seems like server.com:port behaves differently in mysqli than to mysql, hence the need to pass it as a separate port argument.

n0ne

5 August 2012 at 3:27pm

Yea, You were right, there's additional parameter if you want to use different port in mysqli. Since it's not a big problem I thought that I could fix it and submit the code to You.

qlex

Community Member, 68 Posts

11 April 2014 at 5:35pm

Hey.
have the same problem. Both mysql5.5 and postgresql 8.3 use other ports 3307 and 5433) so i cant install silverstripe.
did anyone made a change to installation script so that this alternative port could be used?

CrazyProgrammer

Community Member, 2 Posts

10 September 2014 at 7:37pm

Hi,
Go to .htaccess and add line => php_value mysqli.default_port 3307
That`s all, worked fine for me.