Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Hosting Requirements /

What you need to consider when choosing a hosting provider and plan.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Hosting issues

4 Posts   1542 Views

breandano

Community Member, 7 Posts

4 March 2009 at 3:47am

Hi there,

I have managed to find a host for my irish site, and things appear to be going well in the main.
However, I have come across 2 issues which may or may not be of my own doing.

When attempting to upload files and images, I am getting a permission denied error, my web hosting has told me that i will need to ftp all of my files up, as silverstripe is using a 'nobody' user, which the server does not recognise.

The other issue is with the i18n translations tab on pages - when trying to add a new language, I get a 'Server Error'.

As background, I am logging into admin using http://muscrai.ie/sapphire/main.php?url=admin/ , as using a direct url/admin conflicts with the webhost.

Could this be the issue?

Regards

Breandan

JZM

Community Member, 34 Posts

4 March 2009 at 6:02pm

Hello Breandan,

Have you checked your CHMOD settings for the following issue:

When attempting to upload files and images, I am getting a permission denied error, my web hosting has told me that i will need to ftp all of my files up, as silverstripe is using a 'nobody' user, which the server does not recognize.

Jess

breandano

Community Member, 7 Posts

5 March 2009 at 5:11am

Hi Jess,

Many thanks, once I changed the permissions, I could upload!

My only other issue now is with translations, but we'll get there!

Thanks once again

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1105 Posts

6 March 2009 at 12:09am

Edited: 06/03/2009 12:10am

There still seem to be some issues with multilingual content in version 2.3. See http://www.silverstripe.org/silverstripe-2-3-0-released-1000s-of-improvements/ where it says: Warning about translatable content