Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Hosting Requirements /

What you need to consider when choosing a hosting provider and plan.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Login not working on Rackspace Cloud Sites

Go to End

10 Posts   7698 Views

BuddhaSource

Community Member, 57 Posts

2 September 2009 at 2:15am

Edited: 02/09/2009 2:22am

Hello,

I have just migrated two of our site to Rackspace (mosso) cloud linux platform. Sites are working fine at the front end but I am not able to login using my user credentials. I have migrated the database also.

I checked and compared the member table and can't find any difference.

Thanks.

Siddharth Menon

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 September 2009 at 7:21pm

A few people have issues with hashing on different server setups. See http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/3004 for more information. To just get into the CMS you can hard code a member login in your _config file - Security::setDefaultAdmin('user', 'password');

BuddhaSource

12 December 2009 at 4:46am

I am still having Bad time here.

I have also applied the latest patch from the ticket but still in vain. When I login via Firefox I get blank screen and in IE I get Error 500.
Well this problem did solve on other installation but not working for a particular one. I have upgraded to 3.2.4

I need to complete my project and I am not able to login to admin.

BuddhaSource

12 December 2009 at 4:55am

Edited: 12/12/2009 4:55am

Okay a temp solution here is change Environment to DEV ... Cannot login using live mode.

Willr

12 December 2009 at 9:39am

Have you looked at your error logs on the server? They would contain more useful information. Could be something live mode specific like BasicAuth.

BuddhaSource

12 December 2009 at 6:06pm

Thanks Willr,

I traced php error to following.

[11-Dec-2009 23:01:19] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /mnt/stor2-wc2-dfw1/426404/www.mywebsite.com/web/content/sapphire/thirdparty/jsmin/JSMin.php on line 79

Happens only in Live mode. I have hosted on Mosso Cloud (Apache Server).

Willr

12 December 2009 at 6:36pm

Ah ok

a) The reason why its only on the live site is SS tries to do some concatenation and minification of JS files - which it doesn't do in devmode. You can disable this by setting Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled(false); in your _config.php

b) If this is throwing a PHP memory error on this process you're quite likely to be close to the limit even without it on so the longer term fix is to pump up the PHP memory in your php.ini

BuddhaSource

12 December 2009 at 6:51pm

Edited: 12/12/2009 6:51pm

Thanks Willr,

But I think I solved this problem ones and for all.

I updated the JSMin.php from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 from http://github.com/rgrove/jsmin-php
And now everything is working fine.

Would recommend including latest version in future SS package :)

Go to Top