Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Admin problems with Silverstripe v2.3.4

Go to End

2 Posts   2803 Views

armadus

Community Member, 1 Post

7 December 2009 at 8:54pm

I have a problem when I install the latest version of Silverstripe. When i access the http://localhost/silverstripe/admin and attempt to login I get the following message:

[User Error] Couldn't run query: SELECT Distinct Locale FROM SiteTree GROUP BY Locale Unknown column 'Locale' in 'field list'
GET /silverstripe/admin/

Line 401 in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe\sapphire\core\model\MySQLDatabase.php

Source

392 }
394 function databaseError($msg, $errorLevel = E_USER_ERROR) {
395 // try to extract and format query
396 if(preg_match('/Couldn\'t run query: ([^\|]*)\|\s*(.*)/', $msg, $matches)) {
397 $formatter = new SQLFormatter();
398 $msg = "Couldn't run query: \n" . $formatter->formatPlain($matches[1]) . "\n\n" . $matches[2];
399 }
401 user_error($msg, $errorLevel);
402 }
403 }
405 /**
406 * A result-set from a MySQL database.
407 * @package sapphire

I have installed it on my vista machine before and have not come across the problem.
If anyone else has had this problem and found a solution please help me.

Doverose

Community Member, 8 Posts

9 February 2010 at 12:09pm

I seem to have a similar problem when trying to log in as a member without admin rights.
Strangely, I cannot reproduce the error when I install a mirror running on wamp locally. It only happens the web server.
I have tried deleting tables and rebuilding but all to no avail.

I was running 2.3.4 but even upgrading to 2.3.6 has brought no change.

The error message is as follows:

Source

392 }
394 function databaseError($msg, $errorLevel = E_USER_ERROR) {
395 // try to extract and format query
396 if(preg_match('/Couldn\'t run query: ([^\|]*)\|\s*(.*)/', $msg, $matches)) {
397 $formatter = new SQLFormatter();
398 $msg = "Couldn't run query: \n" . $formatter->formatPlain($matches[1]) . "\n\n" . $matches[2];
399 }
401 user_error($msg, $errorLevel);
402 }
403 }
405 /**
406 * A result-set from a MySQL database.
407 * @package sapphire

Trace

* Couldn't run query: SELECT COUNT(`Permission`.`ID`) FROM `Permission` INNER JOIN `Group` ON `Group`.`ID` = `Permission`.`GroupID` AND `Group`.`SubsiteID` = 0 INNER JOIN `Group_Members` USING(`GroupID`) WHERE `Permission`.`Code` IN ('CMS_ACCESS_NewsletterAdmin','ADMIN') AND `MemberID` = 22 Unknown column 'db267559.Group.GroupID' in 'on clause'
Line 401 of MySQLDatabase.php
* MySQLDatabase->databaseError(Couldn't run query: SELECT COUNT(`Permission`.`ID`) FROM `Permission` INNER JOIN `Group` ON `Group`.`ID` = `Permission`.`GroupID` AND `Group`.`SubsiteID` = 0 INNER JOIN `Group_Members` USING(`GroupID`) WHERE `Permission`.`Code` IN ('CMS_ACCESS_NewsletterAdmin','ADMIN') AND `MemberID` = 22 | Unknown column 'db267559.Group.GroupID' in 'on clause',256)
Line 102 of MySQLDatabase.php
* MySQLDatabase->query( SELECT COUNT(`Permission`.`ID`) FROM `Permission` INNER JOIN `Group` ON `Group`.`ID` = `Permission`.`GroupID` AND `Group`.`SubsiteID` = 0 INNER JOIN `Group_Members` USING(`GroupID`) WHERE `Permission`.`Code` IN ('CMS_ACCESS_NewsletterAdmin','ADMIN') AND `MemberID` = 22 ,256)
Line 120 of DB.php
* DB::query( SELECT COUNT(`Permission`.`ID`) FROM `Permission` INNER JOIN `Group` ON `Group`.`ID` = `Permission`.`GroupID` AND `Group`.`SubsiteID` = 0 INNER JOIN `Group_Members` USING(`GroupID`) WHERE `Permission`.`Code` IN ('CMS_ACCESS_NewsletterAdmin','ADMIN') AND `MemberID` = 22 )
Line 415 of Subsite.php
* Subsite::hasMainSitePermission(Member,Array)
Line 89 of LeftAndMainSubsites.php