Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Fatal error msg when installing SilverStripe

Go to End

4 Posts   1371 Views

HelloWorld_

Community Member, 2 Posts

1 June 2015 at 10:56am

Hi there

I am trying to install silverstripe on
- mac osx (yosemite)
- apache 2.2.12 (installed using brew)
- postgresql 9.4.2
- have _ss_environment.php that has all my DB connections defined.
- have installed the postgresql module in the root silverstrie directory
- deleted the install.php

When I go to http://localhost/foodengine I get the error msg below:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Cache_Exception' with message 'Invalid file_name_prefix : must use only [a-zA-Z0-9_]' in /Users/p/dev/foodengine/framework/thirdparty/Zend/Cache.php:209
Stack trace:
#0 /Users/p/dev/foodengine/framework/thirdparty/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php(127): Zend_Cache::throwException('Invalid file_na...')
#1 /Users/p/dev/foodengine/framework/thirdparty/Zend/Cache.php(153): Zend_Cache_Backend_File->__construct(Array)
#2 /Users/p/dev/foodengine/framework/thirdparty/Zend/Cache.php(94): Zend_Cache::_makeBackend('File', Array, false, false)
#3 /Users/p/dev/foodengine/framework/cache/Cache.php(191): Zend_Cache::factory('Core', 'File', Array, Array)
#4 /Users/p/dev/foodengine/framework/core/manifest/ConfigManifest.php(119): SS_Cache::factory('SS_Configuratio...', 'Core', Array)
#5 /Users/p/dev/foodengine/framework/core/manifest/ConfigManifest.php(91): SS_ConfigManifest->getCache()
#6 /Users/p/dev/foodengine/framework/core/Core.php(117): SS_ConfigManifest->__construct('/Users/p/dev/fo...', false, false in /Users/p/dev/foodengine/framework/thirdparty/Zend/Cache.php on line 209

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

1 June 2015 at 10:51pm

It looks like you've got a bad classname somewhere in your code.
That and/or a bad template name.

I can't tell you which because the stacktrace doesn't seem to supply quite enough info. But it should be something you've written (unless you've pulled the bleeding edge while it happened to be broken or something).

HelloWorld_

Community Member, 2 Posts

3 June 2015 at 10:53pm

Thanks. But this is a fresh installation.

I haven't made any modifications after doing a composer install of silverstripe.

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

4 June 2015 at 7:35am

Is that the full stack trace?