Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

how to changing admin CP path?

Go to End

5 Posts   5959 Views

Mikan

Community Member, 17 Posts

16 January 2010 at 8:32am

hello,

I have been used silverstripe for months,

Currently, my all sites admin path as below:

www.mysite.com/admin

This path is not safe, I want change my Admin CP myselft.

www.mysite.com/myself

Can You tell me How to change This ?

Thanks

Invader_Zim

Community Member, 141 Posts

16 January 2010 at 1:16pm

Hi.

I don't have a solution, I think it's hardcoded in Sapphire that the administration of the cms maps to an url like http://yoursite/admin/ .
So i think you will have to do a lot of "core-hacking" to do this with SilverStripe.

As an example here is a snippet from sapphire/core/control/ContentController.php , line 226:

$cmsLink = 'admin/show/' . $this->dataRecord->ID;

Cheers,
Christian

apiening

Community Member, 60 Posts

16 January 2010 at 4:06pm

Edited: 16/01/2010 4:10pm

hi mikan,

you might want to try Director::addRules() to map "myself" to "admin". to prevent access to "admin" try adding a rule to your .htaccess.

but imo that gives you a false sense of security. the hacker that is smart enough to hack your password protection is surely smart enough to find your custom login form. silverstripe is very secure. if you have serious concerns, post a description of the exploit to security@silverstripe.org.

cheers

undy

ttyl

Community Member, 114 Posts

21 September 2010 at 2:12am

yes, but this presumes an attacker is trying to attack your specific site rather than some script kiddie hitting random '/admin' pages and trying common passwords. although 'security by obscurity' is supposed to provide a false sense of security it is a good deterrent against being hit by a script kiddie. best to remove the low-hanging fruit. by looking at the logs of any site you'll see '/admin' and 'phpmysql' being hit constantly.

with that said, I'm also looking to change my admin URL myself (hence finding this thread), does anybody have a functioning example of this? I don't see how an htaccess redirect wouldn't interfere with anything established by director:addrules - but I'm also not very familiar with director...

thanks.

brokemeister

Community Member, 30 Posts

27 September 2010 at 4:09am

Hi!

You could create a subdomain and get access via e.g. mysubdomain.domain.com/admin/. Additional you could protect the subdomain with a .htaccess password.
Afterwards you can redirect www.domain.com/admin/ to www.domain.com with modrewrite....

Cheers,

Malte