Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Long Error after Instalation

3 Posts   1030 Views

gerardsMarketing

Community Member, 1 Post

30 January 2010 at 12:07pm

Hi everyone,

This is my 1st post and I have to say up until now I try several things the hole day (more than 13hrs) to get the Silverstripe working.

1st, I have Apache, PHP, MySQL all the latest.

Just at the end of instalation a log error ocured, but it took just a few seconds and whent to IE microsoft error logging.

Anyway I was not fast to capture it on a screen.

But after I got back to the index at the root, and had a similar error, and every time I start the server and get on the URL the same error occur, as I attached file name "silverstripeStartingWebsite1.JPG" and at the end of this page error it appears "silverstripeStartingWebsite2.JPG".. This error goes away if I press F5 after page loaded.

To solve I try to re-install, to flush it, and many others, but still there.

Do you know how to solve them? or any help within this forum where some one already had the same error.

Or a how to install modules, I already read some, but I may need some more reading.

Thanks in advance for your kind help,
Gerards

OwenW

Community Member, 45 Posts

30 January 2010 at 7:49pm

Hi,

You best bet at this point is that you have permission problems with the silverstripe installation.

Make sure that the Silverstripe install is readable and writable by the webserver user.

Cheers
Owen

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

7 February 2010 at 2:20pm

You might want to create a "silverstripe-cache" empty directory inside your project, so that SS will use this to store temporary files. Ensure that the web server has writable permissions to this directory.