Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Module Directories, Correct Location?

7 Posts   1431 Views

vipx1

Community Member, 6 Posts

1 February 2010 at 9:58am

I want to ask this question before I do http://webserver/dev/build/?flush=1 again.
Recent install of Operating system and SilverStripe. Basic config working fine, Website is up and functioning.
SS. CMS version 2.3.5

I uploaded the the SWFupload-R334 to the CMS root directory and ran /dev/build as shown above. The PATH for the SWFupload module looks like this: /var/www/modules-swfupload-r334

Question: Should I be taking the folders out of the modules-swfupload-r334 and placing them in the relevant directory.
e.g. /var/www/themes/tutorial/css/swfupload.css

It might seem obvious but I'd rather ask the question first.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

1 February 2010 at 10:14am

No you should not need to move any files around.

vipx1

1 February 2010 at 12:22pm

OK, Update:

I got the module-blog to install by putting all the contents into /var/www/blog and that module works perfect.
module-swfupload does not work and was in the root when I /dev/build to install the module-blog
However, when I run /dev/tests/all I get the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 120 bytes) in /usr/share/php/PHPUnit/Framework/TestCase.php on line 1005

Can anyone give some pointers as to what would cause that or is it hard to say. My Server is a 32bit operating system with 4GB of memory but I am guessing the error refers to some cache and not the RAM.

OwenW

Community Member, 45 Posts

1 February 2010 at 3:37pm

Hi vipx1,

this error;

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 120 bytes) in /usr/share/php/PHPUnit/Framework/TestCase.php on line 1005

Is an error that relates to the volume of memory that is permitted to be allocated to a Apache/PHP process. The best place to make the change for this is within the php.ini file.

In that file there will be a line that reads like this;

memory_limit = 64M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (64MB)

Modify that line to be something like 128 or so, then restart your webserver and then try to re-run the tests.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Owen

vipx1

7 February 2010 at 4:42am

Edited: 07/02/2010 4:42am

Yes thanks OwenW it has correct the error notification.
When I run All Tests now I just see il8nTest as it is the only test available. No Output follows the running of this test.

From reading everything I can SWFupload I am sure the module is installed correctly. However I do not have the 'File' tab as displayed in this preview: http://doc.silverstripe.org/lib/exe/detail.php?id=modules%3Aswfuploadfield&cache=cache&media=swfupload1.gif

I think the only thing I have yet to do is edit the CMS equivalent of page.ss and layout.css to add the 'File' tab.

I don't want to mess up my CMS and I am not sure how to start.
Can someone let me know if my assumption is in fact correct before I adventure yet again into the unknown..

vipx1

7 February 2010 at 2:00pm

I have given up trying to embed my own player into SiverStripe.
I have to upload a video to YouTube and then embed the YouTube video into the page.

<table border="2" cellpadding="0" align="left">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>

<object width="560" height="340" data="http://www.youtube.com/blah blah blah;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/blah blah blah;" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
</object>

</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

The Object bit in the middle comes from youtube. It looks like that after the insert button used.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1132 Posts

7 February 2010 at 10:14pm

Hi vipx1,

If /var/www/ is the root of your website, I think the SWFUpload module path should read /var/www/swfupload/, as it uses this path to load its required files...

Also: there is a SilverStripe YouTube widget and a YouTube Gallery module available. I haven't used them, but you could give them a try...