Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

2nd install on wamp - php 5 is required

Go to End

2 Posts   1939 Views

Scorpiankh

Community Member, 63 Posts

9 February 2010 at 5:27pm

Edited: 09/02/2010 9:02pm

OK, I'm pretty new to all this ...
I got silverstripe about a month ago, got wamp server on my pc (running Vista, and using firefox for browsing just in case thats relevant)
installed it and worked my way throught the tutorials.

Now I want to build another website. I backed up the initial silverstripe file when i first unzipped it but have since lost that file, so I copied the one I installed and was working on for the tutorials (not sure if thats a good idea or not but it seemed like it was worth a try) ...
file structure:
...../wamp
........../www
.............../SilverStripe
.............../NewSite
Ran the install.php file in the newsite folder and it straight away came up with a page titled 'PHP 5 is Required' with a whole lot of code on it ...
I remember having the same problem when I did the first install, I found the solution for it at the time and book marked the page I found it on but that page has since vanished and I've just spent about 2 hours searching for a solution to the problem, and I can't remember what it was that I did to fix it the first time.

SO my questions are, does anyone have a way to fix the php 5 required thing and get the install to work? And is copying a previous install a viable way of starting a new site?

Any help would be great.
Thanks

Scorpiankh

Community Member, 63 Posts

10 February 2010 at 1:22pm

ok i managed to get a nice new copy of the silverstripe file freshly unzipped to work with, but still getting the php 5 is required thing with a page of code, I wouldn't have a clue where to start looking for error messages in all of this, but this is what comes up on the page:

"MySQLDatabase", "server" => defined('SS_DATABASE_SERVER') ? SS_DATABASE_SERVER : "localhost", "username" => defined('SS_DATABASE_USERNAME') ? SS_DATABASE_USERNAME : "root", "password" => defined('SS_DATABASE_PASSWORD') ? SS_DATABASE_PASSWORD : "", "database" => isset($_SERVER['argv'][2]) ? $_SERVER['argv'][2] : "SS_mysite", ); } if(isset($_REQUEST['admin'])) { $adminConfig = $_REQUEST['admin']; } else { $_REQUEST['admin'] = $adminConfig = array( 'username' => 'admin', 'password' => '', 'firstname' => '', 'surname' => '' ); } $alreadyInstalled = false; if(file_exists('mysite/_config.php')) { // Find the $database variable in the relevant config file without having to execute the config file if(preg_match("/\\\$database\s*=\s*[^\n\r]+[\n\r]/", file_get_contents("mysite/_config.php"), $parts)) { eval($parts[0]); if($database) $alreadyInstalled = true; // Assume that if $databaseConfig is defined in mysite/_config.php, then a non-environment-based installation has // already gone ahead } else if(preg_match("/\\\$databaseConfig\s*=\s*[^\n\r]+[\n\r]/", file_get_contents("mysite/_config.php"), $parts)) { $alreadyInstalled = true; } } if(file_exists('sapphire/silverstripe_version')) { $sapphireVersionFile = file_get_contents('sapphire/silverstripe_version'); if(strstr($sapphireVersionFile, "/sapphire/trunk")) { $silverstripe_version = "trunk"; } else { preg_match("/sapphire\/(?:(?:branches)|(?:tags))(?:\/rc)?\/([A-Za-z0-9._-]+)\/silverstripe_version/", $sapphireVersionFile, $matches); $silverstripe_version = $matches[1]; } } else { $silverstripe_version = "unknown"; } // Check requirements $req = new InstallRequirements(); $req->check(); if($req->hasErrors()) { $hasErrorOtherThanDatabase = true; } if($databaseConfig) { $dbReq = new InstallRequirements(); $dbReq->checkdatabase($databaseConfig); } // Actual processor $installFromCli = (isset($_SERVER['argv'][1]) && $_SERVER['argv'][1] == 'install'); // CLI-install error message. exit(1) will halt any makefile. if($installFromCli && ($req->hasErrors() || $dbReq->hasErrors())) { echo "Cannot install due to errors:\n"; $req->listErrors(); $dbReq->listErrors(); exit(1); } if((isset($_REQUEST['go']) || $installFromCli) && !$req->hasErrors() && !$dbReq->hasErrors() && $adminConfig['username'] && $adminConfig['password']) { // Confirm before reinstalling if(!isset($_REQUEST['force_reinstall']) && !$installFromCli && $alreadyInstalled) { include('sapphire/dev/install/config-form.html'); } else { $inst = new Installer(); if($_REQUEST) $inst->install($_REQUEST); else $inst->install(array( 'database' => $databaseConfig['type'], 'mysql' => $databaseConfig, 'admin' => $adminConfig, )); } // Show the config form } else { include('sapphire/dev/install/config-form.html'); } /** * This class checks requirements * Each of the requireXXX functions takes an argument which gives a user description of the test. It's an array * of 3 parts: * $description[0] - The test catetgory * $description[1] - The test title * $description[2] - The test error to show, if it goes wrong */ class InstallRequirements { var $errors, $warnings, $tests; /** * Just check that the database configuration is okay */ function checkdatabase($databaseConfig) { if($this->requireFunction('mysql_connect', array("PHP Configuration", "MySQL support", "MySQL support not included in PHP."))) { $this->requireMySQLServer($databaseConfig['server'], array("MySQL Configuration", "Does the server exist", "Can't find the a MySQL server on '$databaseConfig[server]'", $databaseConfig['server'])); if($this->requireMysqlConnection($databaseConfig['server'], $databaseConfig['username'], $databaseConfig['password'], array("MySQL Configuration", "Are the access credentials correct", "That username/password doesn't work"))) { @$this->requireMySQLVersion("4.1", array("MySQL Configuration", "MySQL version at least 4.1", "MySQL version 4.1 is required, you only have ", "MySQL " . mysql_get_server_info())); } $this->requireDatabaseOrCreatePermissions($databaseConfig['server'], $databaseConfig['username'], $databaseConfig['password'], $databaseConfig['database'], array("MySQL Configuration", "Can I access/create the database", "I can't create new databases and the database '$databaseConfig[database]' doesn't exist")); } } /** * Check everything except the database */ function check() { $this->errors = null; $this->requirePHPVersion('5.2.0', '5.0.4', array("PHP Configuration", "PHP5 installed", null, "PHP version " . phpversion())); // Check that we can identify the root folder successfully $this->requireFile('sapphire/dev/install/config-form.html', array("File permissions", "Does the webserver know where files are stored?", "The webserver isn't letting me identify where files are stored.", $this->getBaseDir() )); $this->requireFile('mysite', array("File permissions", "mysite/ folder exists", "There's no mysite folder.")); $this->requireFile('sapphire', array("File permissions", "sapphire/ folder exists", "There's no sapphire folder.")); $this->requireFile('cms', array("File permissions", "cms/ folder exists", "There's no cms folder.")); $this->requireFile('jsparty', array("File permissions", "jsparty/ folder exists", "There's no jsparty folder.")); $this->requireWriteable('.htaccess', array("File permissions", "Is the .htaccess file writeable?", null)); $this->requireWriteable('mysite/_config.php', array("File permissions", "Is the mysite/_config.php file writeable?", null)); $this->requireWriteable('assets', array("File permissions", "Is the assets/ folder writeable?", null)); $this->requireTempFolder(array('File permissions', 'Is the temporary folder writeable?', null)); // Check for web server, unless we're calling the installer from the command-line if(!isset($_SERVER['argv']) || !$_SERVER['argv']) { $webserver = strip_tags(trim($_SERVER['SERVER_SIGNATURE'])); if($webserver == '') { $webserver = "I can't tell what webserver you are running"; } $this->isRunningApache(array("Webserver Configuration", "Server software", "$webserver. Without Apache I can't tell if mod_rewrite is enabled.", $webserver)); if(function_exists('apache_get_modules')) { $this->requireApacheModule('mod_rewrite', array("Webserver Configuration", "mod_rewrite enabled", "You need mod_rewrite to run SilverStripe CMS, but it is not enabled.")); } else { $this->warning(array("Webserver Configuration", "mod_rewrite enabled", "I can't tell whether mod_rewrite is running. You may need to configure a rewriting rule yourself.")); } $this->requireServerVariables(array('SCRIPT_NAME','HTTP_HOST','SCRIPT_FILENAME'), array("Webserver config", "Recognised webserver", "You seem to be using an unsupported webserver. The server variables SCRIPT_NAME, HTTP_HOST, SCRIPT_FILENAME need to be set.")); } // Check for GD support if(!$this->requireFunction("imagecreatetruecolor", array("PHP Configuration", "GD2 support", "PHP must have GD version 2."))) { $this->requireFunction("imagecreate", array("PHP Configuration", "GD2 support", "GD support for PHP not included.")); } // Check for XML support $this->requireFunction('xml_set_object', array("PHP Configuration", "XML support", "XML support not included in PHP.")); // Check for MySQL support $this->requireFunction('mysql_connect', array("PHP Configuration", "MySQL support", "MySQL support not included in PHP.")); // Check memory allocation $this->requireMemory(32*1024*1024, 64*1024*1024, array("PHP Configuration", "Memory allocated (PHP config option 'memory_limit')", "SilverStripe needs a minimum of 32M allocated to PHP, but recommends 64M.", ini_get("memory_limit"))); // Check that troublesome classes don't exist $badClasses = array('Query', 'HTTPResponse'); $this->requireNoClasses($badClasses, array("PHP Configuration", "Check that certain classes haven't been defined by PHP plugins", "Your version of PHP has defined some classes that conflict with SilverStripe's")); return $this->errors; } function suggestPHPSetting($settingName, $settingValues, $testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); $val = ini_get($settingName); if(!in_array($val, $settingValues) && $val != $settingValues) { $testDetails[2] = "$settingName is set to '$val' in php.ini. $testDetails[2]"; $this->warning($testDetails); } } function requireMemory($min, $recommended, $testDetails) { $_SESSION['forcemem'] = false; $mem = $this->getPHPMemory(); if($mem < (64 * 1024 * 1024)) { ini_set('memory_limit', '64M'); $mem = $this->getPHPMemory(); $testDetails[3] = ini_get("memory_limit"); } $this->testing($testDetails); if($mem < $min && $mem > 0) { $testDetails[2] .= " You only have " . ini_get("memory_limit") . " allocated"; $this->error($testDetails); } else if($mem < $recommended && $mem > 0) { $testDetails[2] .= " You only have " . ini_get("memory_limit") . " allocated"; $this->warning($testDetails); } elseif($mem == 0) { $testDetails[2] .= " We can't determine how much memory you have allocated. Install only if you're sure you've allocated at least 20 MB."; $this->warning($testDetails); } } function getPHPMemory() { $memString = ini_get("memory_limit"); switch(strtolower(substr($memString,-1))) { case "k": return round(substr($memString,0,-1)*1024); case "m": return round(substr($memString,0,-1)*1024*1024); case "g": return round(substr($memString,0,-1)*1024*1024*1024); default: return round($memString); } } function listErrors() { if($this->errors) { echo "

The following problems are preventing me from installing SilverStripe CMS:
# \n\n"; foreach($this->errors as $error) { echo "" . htmlentities(implode(", ", $error)) . "
\n"; } } } function showTable($section = null) { if($section) { $tests = $this->tests[$section]; echo ""; foreach($tests as $test => $result) { echo ""; } echo "
$test	" . nl2br(htmlentities($result[1])) . "
"; } else { foreach($this->tests as $section => $tests) { echo "
$section
"; echo ""; foreach($tests as $test => $result) { echo ""; } echo "
$test	" . nl2br(htmlentities($result[1])) . "
# "; } } } function showInstallStatus() { if($this->warnings) { echo "I have installed SilverStripe CMS, however, you should note the following:"; foreach($this->warnings as $warning) { echo "" . htmlentities($warning) . "
"; } } else { if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])) { ?>

I have installed SilverStripe CMS successfully!

Open the CMS tool
Open the site
testing($testDetails); if(!function_exists($funcName)) $this->error($testDetails); else return true; } /** * Require that the given class doesn't exist */ function requireNoClasses($classNames, $testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); $badClasses = array(); foreach($classNames as $className) { if(class_exists($className)) $badClasses[] = $className; } if($badClasses) { $testDetails[2] .= ". The following classes are at fault: " . implode(', ', $badClasses); $this->error($testDetails); } else return true; } function requirePHPVersion($recommendedVersion, $requiredVersion, $testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); $installedVersion = phpversion(); if(version_compare($installedVersion, $requiredVersion, '<')) { $testDetails[2] = "SilverStripe requires PHP version $requiredVersion or later.\n PHP version $installedVersion is currently installed.\n While SilverStripe requires at least PHP version $requiredVersion, upgrading to $recommendedVersion or later is recommended.\n If you are installing SilverStripe on a shared web server, please ask your web hosting provider to upgrade PHP for you."; $this->error($testDetails); return; } if(version_compare($installedVersion, $recommendedVersion, '<')) { $testDetails[2] = "PHP version $installedVersion is currently installed.\n Upgrading to at least PHP version $recommendedVersion is recommended.\n SilverStripe should run, but you may run into issues. Future releases may require a later version of PHP.\n"; $this->warning($testDetails); return; } return true; } function requireFile($filename, $testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); $filename = $this->getBaseDir() . $filename; if(!file_exists($filename)) { $testDetails[2] .= " (file '$filename' not found)"; $this->error($testDetails); } } function requireNoFile($filename, $testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); $filename = $this->getBaseDir() . $filename; if(file_exists($filename)) { $testDetails[2] .= " (file '$filename' found)"; $this->error($testDetails); } } function moveFileOutOfTheWay($filename, $testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); $filename = $this->getBaseDir() . $filename; if(file_exists($filename)) { if(file_exists("$filename.bak")) rm("$filename.bak"); rename($filename, "$filename.bak"); } } function requireWriteable($filename, $testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); $filename = $this->getBaseDir() . str_replace("/", DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR,$filename); if(!is_writeable($filename)) { if(function_exists('posix_getgroups')) { $userID = posix_geteuid(); $user = posix_getpwuid($userID); $currentOwnerID = fileowner($filename); $currentOwner = posix_getpwuid($currentOwnerID); $testDetails[2] .= "User '$user[name]' needs to be able to write to this file:\n$filename\n\nThe file is currently owned by '$currentOwner[name]'. "; if($user['name'] == $currentOwner['name']) { $testDetails[2] .= "We recommend that you make the file writeable."; } else { $groups = posix_getgroups(); foreach($groups as $group) { $groupInfo = posix_getgrgid($group); if(in_array($currentOwner['name'], $groupInfo['members'])) $groupList[] = $groupInfo['name']; } if($groupList) { $testDetails[2] .= " We recommend that you make the file group-writeable and change the group to one of these groups:\n - ". implode("\n - ", $groupList) . "\n\nFor example:\nchmod g+w $filename\nchgrp " . $groupList[0] . " $filename"; } else { $testDetails[2] .= " There is no user-group that contains both the web-server user and the owner of this file. Change the ownership of the file, create a new group, or temporarily make the file writeable by everyone during the install process."; } } } else { $testDetails[2] .= "The webserver user needs to be able to write to this file:\n$filename"; } $this->error($testDetails); } } function requireTempFolder($testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); if(function_exists('sys_get_temp_dir')) { $sysTmp = sys_get_temp_dir(); } elseif(isset($_ENV['TMP'])) { $sysTmp = $_ENV['TMP']; } else { @$tmpFile = tempnam('adfadsfdas',''); @unlink($tmpFile); $sysTmp = dirname($tmpFile); } $worked = true; $ssTmp = "$sysTmp/silverstripe-cache"; if(!@file_exists($ssTmp)) { @$worked = mkdir($ssTmp); if(!$worked) { $ssTmp = dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . "/silverstripe-cache"; $worked = true; if(!@file_exists($ssTmp)) { @$worked = mkdir($ssTmp); } if(!$worked) { $testDetails[2] = "Permission problem gaining access to a temp folder. " . "Please create a folder named silverstripe-cache in the base folder " . "of the installation and ensure it has the adequate permissions"; $this->error($testDetails); } } } } function requireApacheModule($moduleName, $testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); if(!in_array($moduleName, apache_get_modules())) $this->error($testDetails); } function requireMysqlConnection($server, $username, $password, $testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); $conn = @mysql_connect($server, $username, $password); if($conn) { return true; /* if(mysql_query("CREATE DATABASE testing123")) { mysql_query("DROP DATABASE testing123"); return true; } else { $testDetails[2] .= " (user '$username' doesn't have CREATE DATABASE permissions.)"; $this->error($testDetails); } */ } else { $testDetails[2] .= ": " . mysql_error(); $this->error($testDetails); } } function requireMySQLServer($server, $testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); $conn = @mysql_connect($server, null, null); if($conn || mysql_errno() < 2000) { return true; } else { $testDetails[2] .= ": " . mysql_error(); $this->error($testDetails); } } function requireMySQLVersion($version, $testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); if(!mysql_get_server_info()) { $testDetails[2] = 'Cannot determine the version of MySQL installed. Please ensure at least version 4.1 is installed.'; $this->warning($testDetails); } else { list($majorRequested, $minorRequested) = explode('.', $version); $result = mysql_query('SELECT VERSION()'); $row=mysql_fetch_row($result); $version = ereg_replace("([A-Za-z-])", "", $row[0]); list($majorHas, $minorHas) = explode('.', substr(trim($version), 0, 3)); if(($majorHas > $majorRequested) || ($majorHas == $majorRequested && $minorHas >= $minorRequested)) { return true; } else { $testDetails[2] .= "{$majorHas}.{$minorHas}."; $this->error($testDetails); } } } function requireDatabaseOrCreatePermissions($server, $username, $password, $database, $testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); $conn = @mysql_connect($server, $username, $password); if(@mysql_select_db($database)) { $okay = "Database '$database' exists"; } else { if(@mysql_query("CREATE DATABASE testing123")) { mysql_query("DROP DATABASE testing123"); $okay = "Able to create a new database"; } else { $testDetails[2] .= " (user '$username' doesn't have CREATE DATABASE permissions.)"; $this->error($testDetails); return; } } if($okay) { $testDetails[3] = $okay; $this->testing($testDetails); } } function requireServerVariables($varNames, $errorMessage) { //$this->testing($testDetails); foreach($varNames as $varName) { if(!$_SERVER[$varName]) $missing[] = '$_SERVER[' . $varName . ']'; } if(!isset($missing)) { return true; } else { $testDetails[2] .= " (the following PHP variables are missing: " . implode(", ", $missing) . ")"; $this->error($testDetails); } } function isRunningApache($testDetails) { $this->testing($testDetails); if(function_exists('apache_get_modules') || stristr($_SERVER['SERVER_SIGNATURE'], 'Apache')) return true; $this->warning($testDetails); return false; } // Must be PHP4 compatible var $baseDir; function getBaseDir() { // Cache the value so that when the installer mucks with SCRIPT_FILENAME half way through, this method // still returns the correct value. if(!$this->baseDir) $this->baseDir = realpath(dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'])) . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR; return $this->baseDir; } function testing($testDetails) { if(!$testDetails) return; $section = $testDetails[0]; $test = $testDetails[1]; $message = "OK"; if(isset($testDetails[3])) $message .= " ($testDetails[3])"; $this->tests[$section][$test] = array("good", $message); } function error($testDetails) { $section = $testDetails[0]; $test = $testDetails[1]; $this->tests[$section][$test] = array("error", $testDetails[2]); $this->errors[] = $testDetails; } function warning($testDetails) { $section = $testDetails[0]; $test = $testDetails[1]; $this->tests[$section][$test] = array("warning", $testDetails[2]); $this->warnings[] = $testDetails; } function hasErrors() { return sizeof($this->errors); } function hasWarnings() { return sizeof($this->warnings); } } class Installer extends InstallRequirements { function __construct() { // Cache the baseDir value $this->getBaseDir(); } function install($config) { if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])) { ?>
SilverStripe CMS Installation

Installing SilverStripe...

I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation

* statusMessage("Creating 'mysite/_config.php' for use with _ss_environment.php..."); $this->createFile("mysite/_config.php", << PHP ); } else { $this->statusMessage("Creating 'mysite/_config.php'..."); $devServers = $this->var_export_array_nokeys(explode("\n", $_POST['devsites'])); $escapedPassword = addslashes($config['mysql']['password']); $this->createFile("mysite/_config.php", << "$config[database]", "server" => "{$config['mysql']['server']}", "username" => "{$config['mysql']['username']}", "password" => "{$escapedPassword}", "database" => "{$config['mysql']['database']}", ); // Sites running on the following servers will be // run in development mode. See // http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=devmode // for a description of what dev mode does. Director::set_dev_servers($devServers); // This line set's the current theme. More themes can be // downloaded from http://www.silverstripe.com/themes/ SSViewer::set_theme('$theme'); ?> PHP ); } $this->statusMessage("Creating '.htaccess' file..."); $this->createHtaccess(); // Load the sapphire runtime $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'] = dirname(realpath($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'])) . '/sapphire/main.php'; chdir('sapphire'); // Rebuild the manifest $_GET['flush'] = true; // Show errors as if you're in development mode $_SESSION['isDev'] = 1; require_once('core/Core.php'); $this->statusMessage("Building database schema..."); // Build database $con = new Controller(); $con->pushCurrent(); global $databaseConfig; DB::connect($databaseConfig); $dbAdmin = new DatabaseAdmin(); $dbAdmin->init(); $_REQUEST['username'] = $config['admin']['username']; $_REQUEST['password'] = $config['admin']['password']; $dbAdmin->doBuild(true); $adminmember = DataObject::get_one('Member',"`Email`= '".$_REQUEST['admin']['username']."'"); if($adminmember) { $adminmember->FirstName = $_REQUEST['admin']['firstname']; $adminmember->Surname = $_REQUEST['admin']['surname']; $adminmember->write(); } // Syncing filesystem (so /assets/Uploads is available instantly, see ticket #2266) FileSystem::sync(); $_SESSION['username'] = $config['admin']['username']; $_SESSION['password'] = $config['admin']['password']; if(!$this->errors) { if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])) { $this->statusMessage("Checking that friendly URLs work..."); $this->checkModRewrite(); } else { echo "\n\nSilverStripe successfully installed\n"; } } return $this->errors; } function makeFolder($folder) { $base = $this->getBaseDir(); if(!file_exists($base . $folder)) { if(!mkdir($base . $folder, 02775)) { $this->error("Couldn't create a folder called $base$folder"); } else { chmod($base . $folder, 02775); } } } function renameFolder($oldName, $newName) { if($oldName == $newName) return true; $base = $this->getBaseDir(); if(!rename($base . $oldName, $base . $newName)) { $this->error("Couldn't rename $base$oldName to $base$newName"); return false; } else { return true; } } function copyFolder($oldName, $newName) { if($oldName == $newName) return true; $base = $this->getBaseDir(); if(!copyr($base . $oldName, $base . $newName)) { $this->error("Couldn't rename $base$oldName to $base$newName"); return false; } else { return true; } } function createFile($filename, $content) { $base = $this->getBaseDir(); $this->statusMessage("Creating $base$filename"); if((@$fh = fopen($base . $filename, 'w')) && fwrite($fh, $content) && fclose($fh)) { return true; } else { $this->error("Couldn't write to file $base$filename"); } } function createHtaccess() { $start = "### SILVERSTRIPE START ###\n"; $end = "\n### SILVERSTRIPE END ###"; $base = dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']); if(defined('DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR')) $base = str_replace(DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, '/', $base); else $base = str_replace("\\", '/', $base); if($base != '.') $baseClause = "RewriteBase $base\n"; else $baseClause = ""; $rewrite = << Order deny,allow Deny from all Allow from 127.0.0.1 RewriteEngine On $baseClause RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(\.gif$)|(\.jpg$)|(\.png$)|(\.css$)|(\.js$) RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)$ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule .* sapphire/main.php?url=%1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L] TEXT ; if(file_exists('.htaccess')) { $htaccess = file_get_contents('.htaccess'); if(strpos($htaccess, '### SILVERSTRIPE START ###') === false && strpos($htaccess, '### SILVERSTRIPE END ###') === false) { $htaccess .= "\n### SILVERSTRIPE START ###\n### SILVERSTRIPE END ###\n"; } if(strpos($htaccess, '### SILVERSTRIPE START ###') !== false && strpos($htaccess, '### SILVERSTRIPE END ###') !== false) { $start = substr($htaccess, 0, strpos($htaccess, '### SILVERSTRIPE START ###')) . "### SILVERSTRIPE START ###\n"; $end = "\n" . substr($htaccess, strpos($htaccess, '### SILVERSTRIPE END ###')); } } $this->createFile('.htaccess', $start . $rewrite . $end); } function restoreHtaccess() { $start = "### SILVERSTRIPE START ###\n"; $end= "\n### SILVERSTRIPE END ###"; if(file_exists('.htaccess')) { $htaccess = file_get_contents('.htaccess'); if(strpos($htaccess, '### SILVERSTRIPE START ###') === false && strpos($htaccess, '### SILVERSTRIPE END ###') === false) { $htaccess .= "\n### SILVERSTRIPE START ###\n### SILVERSTRIPE END ###\n"; } if(strpos($htaccess, '### SILVERSTRIPE START ###') !== false && strpos($htaccess, '### SILVERSTRIPE END ###') !== false) { $start = substr($htaccess, 0, strpos($htaccess, '### SILVERSTRIPE START ###')) . "### SILVERSTRIPE START ###\n"; $end = "\n" . substr($htaccess, strpos($htaccess, '### SILVERSTRIPE END ###')); } } $this->createFile('.htaccess', $start . $end); } function checkModRewrite() { if(!isset($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) || !$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) { $this->statusMessage("Installer seems to be called from command-line, we're going to assume that rewriting is working."); return true; } echo <<Testing...
    * HTML; } function var_export_array_nokeys($array) { $retval = "array(\n"; foreach($array as $item) { $retval .= "\t'"; $retval .= trim($item); $retval .= "',\n"; } $retval .= ")"; return $retval; } /** * Show an installation status message. * The output differs depending on whether this is CLI or web based */ function statusMessage($msg) { if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])) echo "$msg
      \n"; else echo "$msg\n"; flush(); } } /** * Copy a file, or recursively copy a folder and its contents * * @author Aidan Lister * @version 1.0.1 * @link http://aidanlister.com/repos/v/function.copyr.php * @param string $source Source path * @param string $dest Destination path * @return bool Returns TRUE on success, FALSE on failure */ function copyr($source, $dest) { // Simple copy for a file if (is_file($source)) { return copy($source, $dest); } // Make destination directory if (!is_dir($dest)) { mkdir($dest); } // Loop through the folder $dir = dir($source); while (false !== $entry = $dir->read()) { // Skip pointers if ($entry == '.' || $entry == '..') { continue; } // Deep copy directories if ($dest !== "$source/$entry") { copyr("$source/$entry", "$dest/$entry"); } } // Clean up $dir->close(); return true; } function rm($fileglob) { if (is_string($fileglob)) { if (is_file($fileglob)) { return unlink($fileglob); } else if (is_dir($fileglob)) { $ok = rm("$fileglob/*"); if (! $ok) { return false; } return rmdir($fileglob); } else { $matching = glob($fileglob); if ($matching === false) { trigger_error(sprintf('No files match supplied glob %s', $fileglob), E_USER_WARNING); return false; } $rcs = array_map('rm', $matching); if (in_array(false, $rcs)) { return false; } } } else if (is_array($fileglob)) { $rcs = array_map('rm', $fileglob); if (in_array(false, $rcs)) { return false; } } else { trigger_error('Param #1 must be filename or glob pattern, or array of filenames or glob patterns', E_USER_ERROR); return false; } return true; } ?> 

I know I had this problem with the first attempt at installing SS and the fix was something really simple and easy but I can't find it anywhere now, been searching for about 5 hours now ....