Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Cant logon to the admin.

5 Posts   1327 Views

patjnr

Community Member, 101 Posts

15 February 2010 at 8:44pm

Hi

I have installed a clean Ver of SS using the default theme B-candy.
The whole installation process is fine. i can navigate About us, Contact US and Home.
The problem is when i type /admin i get PAGE NOT FOUND.

dev/build is working
Security/Login is working
i even tried Security/login?BackURL=?/admin/ i will login and it returns a PAGE NOT FOUND again.

P

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

15 February 2010 at 10:40pm

Huh... that's a weird one.

Where are you installing SilverStripe?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

16 February 2010 at 6:02pm

Maybe mod_rewrite isn't working. Try yoursite.com/index.php/admin after logging in.

patjnr

Community Member, 101 Posts

16 February 2010 at 11:38pm

Hi

Can server write permissions cause this. i loged the fault with my web hosters and after the out of 4 domains 2 are now working and they are running 2.3.6

tx

P

Heike-san

Community Member, 52 Posts

30 March 2010 at 11:47pm

Edited: 31/03/2010 1:46am

What was the issue exactly and how did you solved it ? Because I am having the same problem except that trying yoursite.com/index.php/admin only cause firefox to tell me that I have redirection issues.

Edit: Additionally, a colleague created a panel called secure in which we can access the CMS but log to a custom panel of the CMS and only this panel seems to be working, can you advise please ?

Edity #2: I have found my mistake :

it was my own mistake, my misunderstanding of the new userform and carelessness.
I had put an email sender, without the email recipient. That was causing the server internal error.
However, I think that it could be great if the form should checked if there is an email recipient and send an error message and not simply die if it doesn't...