Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

New Install missing CSS format everywhere except home

Go to End

2 Posts   2250 Views

hm8941

Community Member, 1 Post

17 February 2010 at 7:31am

First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I chose to put it here because it seems tied to a new install.

I have been a "Joomla Junkie" for some time and was looking for something new to meet my needs and am really excited about getting SilverStripe up and working. From what I have seen in the demo, it looks fantastic. I am doing an install on Linux. The install seemed to go ok although it did mention problems with the webserver and mod_rewrite. Once completed, I hit the home page and it came up as I expected (great excitement here). Upon clicking any links, the page shows, but seems to be missing any CSS formatting (great dejection).

My logs are not showing any specific errors. Has anyone seen this behavior before? You can check it out for yourself at www.lady-thunder.com. Im testing on Mozilla 3.6. The server is:

Linux gnax-ds17.simplehelix.com 2.6.18-164.9.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Dec 15 20:57:57 EST 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The webserver is Litespeed (apache2.0 for all practical purposes).

Thanks,
Howard

MateuszU

Community Member, 89 Posts

17 February 2010 at 8:46am

Welcome :)
I think there is some problem with rewriting at your side (some server configuration?). Home page works, because the url is root domain (www.lady-thunder.com). For any subpage the links get wasted because the base url is set to www.lady-thunder.com/index.php.

For example on home page you have this, which is fine:

link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.lady-thunder.com/themes/blackcandy/css/layout.css?m=1231461287" /> 

but on about-us page you have:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.lady-thunder.com/index.php/themes/blackcandy/css/layout.css?m=1231461287" /> 

The index.php shouldn't be there. Can you check your Apache configuration and .htaccess file?