Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Can't Login to CMS on localhost

4 Posts   1927 Views

ram3500v8

25 February 2010 at 1:04pm (Last edited: 25 February 2010 1:05pm), Community Member, 5 Posts

I am a complete noob to cms' so please work with me here. I have xampp installed. I downloaded the silverstripe files and installed

them to the htdocs folder. I set up a database called silverstripe and provided a username and password during setup. I can get

onto the silverstripe site over locahost now but i cannot login to the cms admin. When i enter in the the username and

password the the host just returns it back blank. When i type in the wrong username and password it returns an identical page but

with a different url. I have pictures to show what is happening. I am also having this with all other cms clients I have tried. Could

someone please help me?

Attached Files
Sean

25 February 2010 at 11:44pm Forum Moderator, 921 Posts

Hi there.

Have you tried using the default "blackcandy" theme to see if it works?

Cheers,
Sean

ram3500v8

26 February 2010 at 1:21am (Last edited: 26 February 2010 1:23am), Community Member, 5 Posts

Yeah i have tried it with the default theme also, but i get the same thing. The same thing basically happens when i install

silverstripe through the microsoft webapps installer also.

ram3500v8

26 February 2010 at 10:24am Community Member, 5 Posts

I didn't entirely find out the problem but have gotten around it. I was using the newest beta of Opera for my browser. I noticed it said that i needed cookies enabled when i was on phpmyadmin. After making sure it was enabled i tried it with firefox and it logged right it. Thanks for your quick reply.