Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

[Solved] Can't seem to install SilverStripe

Go to End

6 Posts   2466 Views

TonTon

Community Member, 2 Posts

3 April 2010 at 5:16am

Edited: 07/04/2010 11:51am

I am trying to install SilverStripe on my Windows XP workstation for testing. I am using nginx-0.8.34, php-5.2.13-WIN32 and MySQL Server 5.1. I used this same environment to bring up and test WordPress. I can get the SilverStripe installation web page and run the check which comes up with everything Okay including finding my MySQL DB. I did have to follow the suggestion of another forum contributor and add the DB USERNAME and PASSWORD into the _ss_environment.php file for it to work. The only messages I get are the ones at the bottom about not being able to tell if I have rewrite because I am not using Apache. I again used the fix from others in this forum to take care of that although I still get the messages but according to this forum that should not keep me from installing.

What happens is that I click on install and it returns immediately. Nothing happens, no messages, no install, same screen.

I am stumped and can't find anything else I can do from reading forum entries. Can anyone give me an idea what I am doing wrong?

Any advise will be much appreciated.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

3 April 2010 at 12:36pm

Default CMS admin account username/password filled out in installer?

This usability issue has been resolved in 2.4.

TonTon

Community Member, 2 Posts

6 April 2010 at 4:00am

Edited: 06/04/2010 4:38am

Thanx Sean. I found and downloaded the .zip version of 2.4 for Windows. The install actually starts but seems to snag on the building database schema step. Should take 30 seconds for total install but stops here with no messages. The preinstall check up finds nothing wrong except for unknown web server (nginx) and it reports the rewrite issue but that I should be able to install the software.

I am using the _ss_environement.php variables.

I am stumped ... again. Any suggestions? Thanx again!

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

14 April 2010 at 9:56am

Can you check your database to see if the tables have been created?

Tomae

Community Member, 14 Posts

21 June 2010 at 10:33pm

i'm also getting the same error.....

* Setting up 'mysite/_config.php'...
* Setting up /var/www/studiored/new/cms/mysite/_config.php
* Setting up '.htaccess' file...
* Setting up /var/www/studiored/new/cms/.htaccess
* Building database schema...

den stops....

i checked its creating the database.....

i tried putting all details manually in mysite/_config.php and did database build... it shows everything created, but when i try to access www.mysite.com, it shows blank page... nothing happens... i tried flushing...

What's happening ??

toherangi

Community Member, 3 Posts

13 August 2010 at 1:26pm

I seem to be having the same issue...
What was the resolution?