Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Fatal error: Call to undefined method HttpRequest::addHeader()

3 Posts   1660 Views

yaizo

Community Member, 19 Posts

4 May 2010 at 10:20pm

Edited: 04/05/2010 10:24pm

hello,

i have a strange problem that occured recently. i changed my Header.ss - i put an hart coded link in and uploaded the file. at first glance everything seems ok, because the link apeared and i did not get any error message. now after two days i visited my page again i get this message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method HttpRequest::addHeader() in /www/htdocs/xxx/xxx/xxx/sapphire/core/control/Director.php on line 115

i tried this to fix the error:
1.i uploaded "blackcandy" and changed the theme in mysite/_config.php. but it is still the same error in the frontend. (of course with /?flush=1 at the end)
2. .../?flush=1 - still the same error
3. ... /dev/build - still the same error (but i gues this is only possibel if iam loged in)
4. ... i overwrote Header.ss to the previouse version as it was working - still the same error

what is this? and how can i fix it. i am wondering if it would help to make an upgrade? because i am running 2.3.3 ....
could it be an cache problem? an where?

thank you for any help
g.m. :(

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1132 Posts

5 May 2010 at 3:38am

Edited: 05/05/2010 3:45am

You might already have found this thread: http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/281228

Maybe the problem lies with your provider changing some server settings, and not with your code?

[edit] Also I just remembered something about the HTTPRequest/HTTPResponse classname conflicting with the php HTTP extension your provider may have enabled recently. Here's another link: http://www.silverstripe.org/installing-silverstripe/show/255177

Upgrading probably isn't such a bad idea anyway, since we're at 3.7...

Good luck!

yaizo

Community Member, 19 Posts

5 May 2010 at 4:19am

Edited: 05/05/2010 4:21am

oh! thnks! i think this is it. i have changed my main domain-name and i think this is what is going wrong.
but how can I chage the url, where can find it. i have looked inside main.php and discovered just a lot of variables. maybe this answer lise somewher in the DataBase or in an sapphire .php file?

g.m.