I have installed 2.4 but it does not appear to be working correctly When I type in the server address the home page comes up but when I type in the URL with /admin (ie http://www.domain.tld/admin) on the end I get a page not found error. However, when I include index.php in the URL - http://www.domain.tld/index.php/admin - I get the login to the CMS. I have to include the index.php for any of the backend pages. For instance, I cannot do a straight /dev/build. I must use index.php/dev/build.
Friendly URLs are not working because rewriting support isn't enabled on your webserver, or it's not setup correctly.
1. Make sure mod_rewrite is enabled
2. Ensure that AllowOverride All is set for the location where SilverStripe is installed
3. Ensure the .htaccess file inside your SilverStripe directory has the rewrite rules setup
1. Make sure you have IIS URL Rewrite module installed
2. Make sure a web.config file exists in your installation, and is filled in appropriately (the SS installer will do this for you during installation if the module is installed)
Had another dev site running on my local machine, and noticed that the line "RewriteBase /~tn/developer/amexp" was missing in the non working site .htaccess. Adding the line and changing the path to the right folder solved the issue of having to have index.php in the URL.
### SILVERSTRIPE START ###
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
Deny from all