Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Multiple server deployments

2 Posts   1280 Views

Mo

19 May 2010 at 7:24am Community Member, 509 Posts

This might not be the right area to post in, but I have a slightly more complex question about how people deal with this.

Currently I work in a multi platform environment for each Silverstripe project, I have:

* A local development machine
* An internal development server
* An external staging server
* A live server

My source code is stored in an SVN repo, I was using Beanstalk, because it can "deploy" to multiple environments and used to deploy SVN:Externals along with the repo.

Unfortunately, Beanstalk have removed SVN:Externals support, so I was looking at other ways to do this.

I was looking at either writing a basic python script that I could add to each project and run on the server, or maybe using buildout. Or even maybe creating a simple bash script.

I was wondering what other people do in these situations? Any advice would be handy.

Cheers,

Mo

Hamish

19 May 2010 at 12:06pm (Last edited: 19 May 2010 12:07pm), Community Member, 712 Posts

Hey Mo,

Found this at Beanstalk:

[url]http://help.beanstalkapp.com/discussions/questions/454-deploying-svnexternals[/url]

Never used them (Beanstalk) myself. We pulled (Update) to test, then deployed via rsync to live. We don't have a staging machine though, so that makes it a bit simpler.