Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Multiple server deployments

2 Posts   1305 Views

Mo

Community Member, 510 Posts

19 May 2010 at 7:24am

This might not be the right area to post in, but I have a slightly more complex question about how people deal with this.

Currently I work in a multi platform environment for each Silverstripe project, I have:

* A local development machine
* An internal development server
* An external staging server
* A live server

My source code is stored in an SVN repo, I was using Beanstalk, because it can "deploy" to multiple environments and used to deploy SVN:Externals along with the repo.

Unfortunately, Beanstalk have removed SVN:Externals support, so I was looking at other ways to do this.

I was looking at either writing a basic python script that I could add to each project and run on the server, or maybe using buildout. Or even maybe creating a simple bash script.

I was wondering what other people do in these situations? Any advice would be handy.

Cheers,

Mo

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

19 May 2010 at 12:06pm

Edited: 19/05/2010 12:07pm

Hey Mo,

Found this at Beanstalk:

[url]http://help.beanstalkapp.com/discussions/questions/454-deploying-svnexternals[/url]

Never used them (Beanstalk) myself. We pulled (Update) to test, then deployed via rsync to live. We don't have a staging machine though, so that makes it a bit simpler.