Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

New to this - Apache installation - local host shows ? beside silverstripe

Go to End

5 Posts   1356 Views

webstudent

Community Member, 3 Posts

21 May 2010 at 10:08pm

I am new to this and having trouble getting Silverstipe installed on my home computer. My windows version is XP and will not allow installation of the recommended windows platform so I followed the intructions intalling it Apache method. All seemed to go ok but when I go to https://localhost/silverstripe it shows the silverstipe file but has a "?" beside it. Then when I click on it trying to install it, it shows what looks like the code rather than the installation screen. Has anyone any easy to follow advice from here? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

23 May 2010 at 9:12pm

Could you put a screenshot here of your problem?

webstudent

24 May 2010 at 6:07am

Thanks for the response. I have attached a screenshot of the local host page that I am getting. I'm not sure if thats what you meant but anything is worth a shot at this stage as I'm nearly giving up.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

26 May 2010 at 8:17pm

I sort of meant an actual picture of where the problem is? It looks like you attached an htm file, but there's nothing I can see on there.

Sean

webstudent

31 May 2010 at 8:49am

Thanks. I managed to get it installed - I hadn't extracted the files correctly initially.