Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Has anyone been able to install & use on a Zeus server?

Go to End

3 Posts   2187 Views

oldwrinkly

Community Member, 34 Posts

25 May 2010 at 11:19am

After weeks of getting my head round silverstripe and designing my site I finished it, but the last hurdle has stumped me.
I have managed to install on a zeus server (namesco) using a rewrite script from another post on here and deleting the htaccess file but cannot use the cms at all, None of my pages show up, just the install opening pages and is also without a `save & publish` button.

Unless anyone can help I seem to have wasted an awful lot of time and effort.

The script I used.......

# rewite script for zeus servers

match URL into $ with ^/.*\.(gif|jpg|png|css|js).*$
if not matched
match URL into $ with ^/(.*)$
if matched
look for file at $1
if not exists
# Set the default page to be displayed if the URL is not a file or resource
set URL = /sapphire/main.php?url=$1
goto END
endif
endif
endif

Regards
Mike

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

26 May 2010 at 10:39am

Edited: 26/05/2010 10:42am

Try browsing to index.php/admin, e.g. http://mysite.com/index.php/admin. Does it work?

Also, are you using SS 2.4.0?

Note: We have not tested SS on Zeus. It's also not in the server requirements or suggested web hosts.

That said, if we can figure it out then the more web servers SS works with the better. :-)

Sean

codem

Community Member, 6 Posts

15 September 2010 at 2:58pm

Hi

I found this post while trying to get a SS install running on a 'Zeus' web server. The problem with the "match URL into $ with ^/.*\.(gif|jpg|png|css|js).*$" is that it isn't case insensitive and it filters out paths with certain extensions (e.g .flv, .swf etc) and paths without extensions (e.g the admin getItem ajax request - so the /admin just doesn't work).

I blogged a solution here, partly taken from a Drupal solution, partly through debugging how the Base URL was set in the HTML head.

http://www.codem.com.au/streams/2010/web-development/zeus-and-crazy-url-rewriting.html

I'd avoid Zeus at all costs still.

Hope it helps
James