Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SS 2.4 Site Search stops working on live server.

Go to End

2 Posts   2249 Views

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

11 June 2010 at 8:17am

Edited: 11/06/2010 9:10am

I have just migrated a site structure (code and templates) to a live (dev account) to continue its development.
I still have a separate local copy running on my local machine so I can develop in multiple stages.

First you should know that this new build is running on the default data that was inserted in dev/build most every thing seems ok (I did have to do this one fileupload fix: http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/281744?start=16)

NOW the problem I am facing is that my search field returns an error. Where it is working fine on my local machine.
the error is basic:

There has been an error
The website server has not been able to respond to your request.Code 

I am guessing that in this live mode I have less debugging, so I ask first what are my options for enhanced debugging on a live server, and 2 does anyone know what might be causing the search to fail when move to a new machine?

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

11 June 2010 at 9:10am

OK, I should mention that I am using SS 2.4 stable.
Since I couldn't figure it out... I thought I would go through the tutorial on adding search.
http://doc.silverstripe.org/tutorial:4-site-search

this was a good plan since it seems that you now need to add a setting to your config file for search to be active.. strangley it works without on my local dev machine??

add FulltextSearchable::enable(); to your config to enable the search feature.