Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Installation problems

Go to End

Aefroze

Community Member, 7 Posts

18 June 2010 at 9:30pm

Edited: 18/06/2010 9:33pm

Dear Friends,

I have 3 domains hosted by Arvixe. I can install Silverstripe on 2 of them, but installation on 3rd fails, even if I follow the same procudures.

Here is the error:

Installing SilverStripe...
I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation

Setting up 'mysite/_config.php'...
Setting up C:\HostingSpaces\user\mydomain.com\wwwroot\mysite/_config.php
Setting up 'web.config' file...
Setting up C:\HostingSpaces\user\mydomain.com\wwwroot\web.config
Warning: fopen(C:\Windows\TEMP\/silverstripe-cacheC--HostingSpaces-user-mydomain.com-wwwroot/manifest-main) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\HostingSpaces\user\mydomain.com\wwwroot\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 112

Fatal error: Cannot write manifest file! Check permissions of C:\Windows\TEMP\/silverstripe-cacheC--HostingSpaces-user-mydomain.com-wwwroot/manifest-main in C:\HostingSpaces\user\mydomain.com\wwwroot\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 116

MS WebPI doesn't work for me. The only way I've been able to install SilverStripe is to download SilverStripe, extract to a folder, copy contents of the folder to wwwroot of mydomain.com, setup permissions, and run mydomain.com/install.php

Please help.

Aefroze