Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

want to re-install SS from scratch

Go to End

backendnewbie

Community Member, 1 Post

3 July 2010 at 12:22am

Hi all,

I was having issues getting the MySQL db to install properly when using the MS WPI, in that it never seemed to be recognized when it finally came down to installing the silverstripe software itself. I don't know if this makes any sense. It seemed like I was able to finally install it when I chose to install SQLLite rather than MySQL, but after reading more about it, this option might not be the best one for me. I think I should use MySQL.

So, anyway, I thought I would try to do this over again. I deleted all the files I had previously installed, as well as deleted them from the Web host. Now I'm trying to use the WPI to install everything over again, but it remembers the names of the database I had previously tried to install, and I'd like to start from scratch. Any way to remedy this?

Also, how do you enable mod_rewrite on your webserver, and enable permissions? I don't have the faintest idea. Thanks for any help.